Problems following Glidescope

Hans - Mathijs close our discussion about blurry panel AND glidescope. The GS issue did not come to a solution. The GS arm, but do not activate. Yet the plan begin descenting catching the GS, but do not follow the GS descentrate. This should be about 700 - but the plane descent about 1,2-3 without activation GS. I'm aware, that its a pilotproblem - but I cant figure out, where I miss anything according to manual.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you intercept the GS from below? You must first intercept the LOC for the GS to work. Try that please.

same issue. loc intercepted succesfully, then APPR mode gs armed,

gs was flashing on the FMA but not captured.

I switched to VS mode in order to to try to intercept the glide a 2nd time by the top few seconds later without success.

LFLB rny 18 ils zulu

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dvd/eAIP_20_JUL_2017/FRANCE/AIRAC-2017-07-20/html/eAIP/Cartes/IAC/LFLB/AD 2 LFLB IAC RWY18 -ILS Z LOC Z.pdf

cheers

Fortunately this plane is a pleasure to fly by hand :)

yep loc1, loc captured, gs armed (in white on the fma) then flashing green (so gs capturing) but the plane does not follow the vertival path

Just to throw in my 2 pieces of 2 cents, I and a fellow flyer had the same problems as described with our CRJ. Localizer intercept, GS activate, but the plane does not descend into the GS

I run p3dv3

EDIT: the Glide slope does work if we immediately activate APPR, skipping the NAV button for localizer intercept altogether.

Here is another simmer who was left rather confused when my 2nd ILS approach with this bird ended up with LOC track but no GS, instead plane was in level flight.

LOC1 / GS  annunciations were in green, NAV1 was Nav Source.. Compared to my first ILS approach (success), the 2nd was initiated with me pushing NAV in order to track LOC1 - which the CRJ did, with ALTS as pitch mode - and when glideslope diamond became alive I pressed APPR, in order to get GS in white. 

On my first approach i only pressed APPR.

Thanks for a very nice aircraft! :)

51 minutes ago, Nexus82 said:

LOC1 / GS  annunciations were in green, NAV1 was Nav Source.. Compared to my first ILS approach (success), the 2nd was initiated with me pushing NAV in order to track LOC1 - which the CRJ did, with ALTS as pitch mode - and when glideslope diamond became alive I pressed APPR, in order to get GS in white. 

Thanks for this info. It might be some issue with arming GS when another mode is already armed. I will look into that (once I sorted the CTD problem - that has to have priority for the moment).

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Did you intercept the GS from below? You must first intercept the LOC for the GS to work. Try that please.

Just now, olangelaar said:

Just to throw in my 2 pieces of 2 cents, I and a fellow flyer had the same problems as described with our CRJ. Localizer intercept, GS activate, but the plane does not descend into the GS

I run p3dv3

EDIT: the Glide slope does work if we immediately activate APPR, skipping the NAV button for localizer intercept altogether.

Just now, Nexus82 said:

Here is another simmer who was left rather confused when my 2nd ILS approach with this bird ended up with LOC track but no GS, instead plane was in level flight.

Thanks for a very nice aircraft! :)

19 minutes ago, Mad_X said:

I had also an issue with the GS. The GS was captured but the plane did not descend. LOC was captured before. 

Did you guys have nav 1 with the correct FREC and correct Course, also its important to capture Gs from bellow with a razonable speed. For me it works fine.

25 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Did you guys have nav 1 with the correct FREC and correct Course, also its important to capture Gs from bellow with a razonable speed. For me it works fine.

I am also having this issue. Proper Freq into NAV 1. LOC1 / GS  showing as green. Shows GS captured on the display but does not follow it. 

Cheers,

guys you need to post more info to HANS, route - app procedure, SIM type.. at least.  try with another airport and see if it works, for me works fine. also check if load first default aircraft this advice is in the manuals.

12 minutes ago, michaellowl said:

Its similar to the intercept how the old ATR does it. Capturing the GS from below - I tried LOWS approach via SBG VOR for Initial. All working fine.

Try with first pushing NAV in order to track LOC1 while still being in ALTS, and then push APPR. That's when my CRJ completely busts the glideslope intercept (from below)

Happened to me at ESGG ILS RWY21 (FRQ 108,50 CRS 203)

24 minutes ago, Nexus82 said:

Try with first pushing NAV in order to track LOC1 while still being in ALTS, and then push APPR. That's when my CRJ completely busts the glideslope intercept (from below)

Happened to me at ESGG ILS RWY21 (FRQ 108,50 CRS 203)

Thanks. I will try that.

vor 9 Stunden , Eduard Gasull sagte:

Confirmed. But I also did try to use the nav mode for the AP first to follow the LOC ( actually it didn't). The needles were green. 

Blue needles are just the Localizer Preview and you only see that when the Nav Source is set to either FMS1 or FMS2.

White Needle: Nav Source is set to an FMS

Blue Needle: Localizer Preview (only shows if the Nav Source is set to an FMS)

Green Needle: Nav Source is set to a VOR or LOC

Yellow Needle: Nav Source is set to an off-side source (FMS2 or VOR/LOC2 on the Captain's side; FMS1 or VOR/LOC1 on the First Officer's side)

As you can see, it's a very colorful set of avionics and the APPR mode will only work if the CDI needle is green (simplified information, but I want to help you, not confuse you)

Please login to display this image.

Okay, thank you! 

Actually, that's a great feature! In the Dash I always need to switch to HDG Mode and then select the ILS as NAV source in order to take a look, if I am intercepting correctly. Then I can reengage the NAV Mode and fly the ILS down to the runway... But with that feature onboard the CRJ it is a lot more easier to capture the ILS! Once you get to know all the colours, it all makes sense.

Archived