Panels blurry and Glidescope

It seems to me, that the views are blurry. In Capt. VFR panel (which comes closest to the missing 2D cockpit) you have to zoom relatively close to read the text in PFD and MFD. Clocking on them show a sharp and clear view. Furthermore I have troubles with the GS. The autopilot dont seem to adjust accordingly to the glidescope.

Click on the displays for 2D popups. I found these to be very helpful. Unfortunately, if you build a VC to proper scale, displays tend to be tiny.

We had a bug regarding the glideslope capture during beta but it was confirmed to be fixed by the tester. I'm a bit at a loss here. Did you capture the localizer before crossing the glideslope? And did the glideslope switch from Armed to Active when you tried?

• Aerosoft

Here is how it should look.

Please login to display this image.

Keep in mind these are not modern LCD's but CRT screens that are not very well coated with anti reflective stuff (in fact most of it is worn off by now). We tried to get that look correct in the simulation.

11 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Click on the displays for 2D popups. I found these to be very helpful. Unfortunately, if you build a VC to proper scale, displays tend to be tiny.

We had a bug regarding the glideslope capture during beta but it was confirmed to be fixed by the tester. I'm a bit at a loss here. Did you capture the localizer before crossing the glideslope? And did the glideslope switch from Armed to Active when you tried?

Yes - the 2D popups are useful. No - I did not capture GS before LOC. I will check the armed/active issue next time - I'll be back on that. But the plane began to descent according to the GS, but went down to a descentrate on about 1,2 - it should adjust to about 700.

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is how it should look.

Please login to display this image.

Keep in mind these are not modern LCD's but CRT screens that are not very well coated with anti reflective stuff (in fact most of it is worn off by now). We tried to get that look correct in the simulation.

Well - thats also the way it looks on my screen. Will have to get used to it and use the 2D popups when I have to.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Mogens Gaardbo said:

Well - thats also the way it looks on my screen. Will have to get used to it and use the 2D popups when I have to.

How does it look on your screen (screenshot) ?

42 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

On the screenshots it's definitely a too high bloom value.

The screenshot is not from me, but from Mathijs - quoting that thats what it should look like. And mine is excactly the same.

And back to the GS - it arm, but do not activate. It cause the plane to descent, but too much, not following GS. It looks like the GS have no interaction with the autopilot.

Archived