Left Engine Won't Start, Unable to Turn Bleed Valves to Auto

Good morning, I've attempted a cold and dark start to the CRJ and I followed the tutorial for the engine start procedure. I can start the right #2 engine fine, but the bleed valves wont turn to auto. When I right click it immediately turns back to closed as if it was under spring tension. If I click the left start button, then right click the bleed valve to auto the engine will start to rotate but when I move the left throttle to idle it windmills and N1 resets to 3.0 and N2 holds / windmills at 25%.

Was curious if anyone else had the same issue? Thanks!

IMG_0101.3gp

EDIT: Also, the overhead lights knob turns but no overhead lights illuminated. Thank you!

I figured a temporary solution in case anybody else was having this issue. I tried loading the ready for taxi aircraft state with no luck, so I reset P3D and loaded in the ready to taxi state THEN went into cold and dark. I was able to start no issues!

What I've noticed is that if the user has seperate throttles assigned (for engines 1 and 2) then the engines start ok.   (As in, when you need to press the red gate on the throttle then push your throttle forward a little.

However when I tried with a single throttle assignment (for both throttles), when I tried to start engine 2 and pressed the red gate and moved the throttle forward, the throttle did not move and hence the engine couldn't be started.

Not sure if this is related to your problem but I thought it worth mentioning, in case anyone who uses a single throttle assignment is having problems starting engines.

• Aerosoft

I have an X55 on my testbed that was reset yesterday (so 100% clean Win 10, 100% clean P3d V4) and that works without any issues. Keep in mind that Saitek drivers are horrible and you never need them. I have seem them cause problems.

Third flight with the plane, and not even once have I been able to get the engines to start, unless I select the "engine running" state. I follow everything on the checklist, but, when it comes to start the engines, the engine start & ignition engines are yellow or orange, and whenever I hit "start" on the engine start console, the engine valves do not move whatsoever and nor do I get any movement on the engine gauges. 

I've restarted the sim twice, and I also loaded my default Trike every time before so I can hide the yoke. 

Using FSX SP2.

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

OK, so it's a different problem than this thread is about.

What do you mean by engine valves in this case? The throttles?

No, the Pressure Regulation shut-off valves, on the ECS page. 

OK, those don't move indeed. I added that to the bug database, however it's only a display issue.

I just tried the short version: battery on, APU PWR FUEL, APU START, Engine 1 START. The engine gauges for #1 went up, Throttle lever 1 out of shut off position and engine starts.

44 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

OK, those don't move indeed. I added that to the bug database, however it's only a display issue.

I just tried the short version: battery on, APU PWR FUEL, APU START, Engine 1 START. The engine gauges for #1 went up, Throttle lever 1 out of shut off position and engine starts.

I restarted my sim and followed your short version from cold and dark, engine gauges did not go up for either engine.  

However, before restarting the sim, I parked at the gate and shut down the engines. I was able to restart them on the spot. 

It seems if one loads it on the ready to taxi, and then goes back to c & d, is a short term fix.

EDIT: I can confirm that, in my case, loading it up ready for taxi and then going back to c & d allows me to start the engines with your short version checklist.

13 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I tried several times now... even without fuel. But the engine gauges went up to at least 3% N1 and 24.9% N2.

Can you upload a screenshot of your overhead panel when right before you try to start engines?

I tried again, to no avail. 

As requested.

2017-8-2_16-59-3-480.BMP

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you set the ISOL Valve to OFF and the bleedsource to BOTH ENG please and try again? Leaving the bleedvalves in AUTO please. 

2 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Could you set the ISOL Valve to OFF and the bleedsource to BOTH ENG please and try again? Leaving the bleedvalves in AUTO please. 

I just did and no movement from the engine gauges. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Fishing here but could you try after removing external power?

External power & air (killing two birds with one stone) removed. No engine gauge movement. 

For now, I think I'll just stay by choosing "ready to taxi", letting it run and then go back to "cold and dark". It seems like the only way I can get it to start.

Also: I've noticed that the "configuring aircraft" message tends to hang a bit. Right now, after doing the ready to taxi and then cold and dark, it has been the first time I see "Aircraft Configuration Completed" message. Maybe that could have something to do with it.

Archived