Throttle

I do not have FSUIPC for P3D v4.

How can I use my GF-TQ6 to control the throttle? In FSX the only way the Airbus worked was using a LUA & FSUIPC. I'm hoping this is not the case with the CRJ

Thanks.

Jose

8 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

We do nothing special with the axis input. Can you explain what exaclty happens?

Is it this one you use? http://www.aerosoft.com/de/xplane/hardware/throttles/407/gf-tq6-throttle-quadrant-grey?c=826

Yes.

I had the same problem with the Airbus. It took payware FSUIPC & a LUA script to get it to work. I'm not buying FSUIPC again.

11 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

We do nothing special with the axis input. Can you explain what exaclty happens?

Is it this one you use? http://www.aerosoft.com/de/xplane/hardware/throttles/407/gf-tq6-throttle-quadrant-grey?c=826

My TQ6 works with every other plane (PMDG, A2A, FSL, Q400) but it won't work with the CRJ. When I move the throttles up they only go to about 40% N1. The reversers work fine as well but I cannot get N1 up to TOGA power. My flap lever is also erratic. If I just moved it the slightest bit it goes to full flaps. Again, it works just fine with every other plane in my hangar. 

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Well, I don't know why this happens. We had people with a lot of different throttles (even PFC) during testing but something like that was never reported. I only have a Saitek TQ. I'll check if I can somehow get a hold of a GF TQ6.

Thank you. 

21 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Hmm. The Airbus throttle stuff was developed by somebody else, completely separate from the CRJ. Does the TQ6 come with any kind of software where you can see the raw data that it sends to FS?

Hans,

I have no idea why this only happens with the Airbus and now the CRJ. It took some research for me to get a LUA script downloaded for the airbus, so I have a feeling this could happen again with the CRJ.

All I've done is set up  some ezdok cams and check the lights. The lights do not illuminate the ground unless dynamic lighting is ticked. This results in a loss of performance. Bad FPS!

Did I mention that I I've only just begun. I can't even get of the ground. But, I'm optimistic that everything will be ok.

• Aerosoft

Well the lights are the standard P3d V4 light so they can't light up the ground until dynamic lights is activated, that's how they work. We might release a P3d V3 model for P3D v4 if demans for it is seriously high, but it seems rather silly to downgrade the product so much.

Dynamic lights are a big problem for me. I have a 980TI and a 4K monitor, and even with MSAA 2x my FPS drop at airports from 30+ to 24 or 25 and it gets very stuttery. When looking around in the cockpit with lights on it is even worse. Flying at night with dynamic lights on with the CRJ is not a pleasant experience and not possible.

Best regards

Christian

• Aerosoft

Yes but with that resolution and that GPU you are really asking for the impossible and you will never be able to use any add-on that uses dynamic lights. I am sorry you did not realize that but we were very clear on our product page that we use the dynamic lights for the P3d V4 version. The P3d V3 version will simply run a lot better, just as any other add-on that is really created for v4.

This topic is called 'Throttle' and is now about dynamic lights I will close it. feel free to open new topics!

Archived