Hiding the Yoke

Unfortunately I suffer the same fate. Whether I load the "Aerosoft tutorial" or load a default Baron58 and switch to the CRJ. Yoke briefly vnishes but immediately reappears.

P3Dv4, Win10-64, TrackIR5, Ultimate Traffic Live, locked RAAS Pro. CRJ installed with antivirus off and into the default location. Uninstalled previous version (1.0.0.5) using the Aerosoft uninstall.exe.

Just want to check a few things with you guys.

Did you guys uninstall the previous version, then manually remove all folders associated with the CRJ, reboot, disable computer security, have the Windows User Account Control slider set all the way down, and then run the installer "As Admin"?

If the above doesn't resolve this, then it's possible that you might be having a problem with your C++ Redistributable 2015 (it's entirely possible for it to work on other aircraft and not on the CRJ).  Please try removing this software (via the Windows Control Panel) and redownloading and reinstalling.  This will also give you the most recent version as it was updated only a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to how this works for you.

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If the above doesn't resolve this, then it's possible that you might be having a problem with your C++ Redistributable 2015 (it's entirely possible for it to work on other aircraft and not on the CRJ).  Please try removing this software (via the Windows Control Panel) and redownloading and reinstalling.  This will also give you the most recent version as it was updated only a few weeks ago.

Hi Dave,

I know you're trying to help but checking the C++ Redistributable 2015 on m y computer shows an install date of 8-11-2017, size of 23.5MB, version 4.0.24215.1. The Microsoft website shows C++ Redistributable 2015 3RC published 6-2-2016. Really can't see that helping. Windows would eventually update to the current version but it's still a step backward when you stress having the latest version.

Edit: That's for both versions X86 (19MB) and X64. Same version, same install date.

As a followup, I just now started up P3Dv4. 1 out of 3 times I successfully hid the yoke after directly loading the CRJ. If I load the Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial I again have the constant problem of the yoke reappearing or not even trying to hide.

Hello Jerry,

Certainly your decision.  C++ files can get corrupted, so whether one has them installed or not doesn't matter.

Here's the deal.  Thousands of people do not have problems hiding the yoke in the CRJ.  I've installed and tested every single version of the CRJ (at least 50 of them I think) for longer than a year and like most I've never had any issue at all with hiding the yoke.  So we start looking at things that are different on the systems and likely causes.  Given what C++ Redist files are used for, and more importantly how they're used, it is entirely possible that someone would not have problems with other software even if part of a particular C++ Redist file is corrupted.  You can read more about this in the thread below.

It's certain that the problem is not with the CRJ software.  Whether this is a compatibility issue with something else  you have installed (unlikely), or a corrupt Windows file (more likely) or something to do with the C++ Redist files, just too hard to tell.

Best wishes.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:03 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

It's certain that the problem is not with the CRJ software.  Whether this is a compatibility issue with something else  you have installed (unlikely), or a corrupt Windows file (more likely) or something to do with the C++ Redist files, just too hard to tell.

Hi Dave,

Reinstalled the CRJ v1.0.1 after uninstalling it and removing any remaining traces as per your directions. New install seems to have solved the problem of hiding the yoke except when the "Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial" is loaded from the scenario screen.

Then reinstalled the C++ 2015 redistributibles (X86 and X64) and have the same results as above. Also tried running P3Dv4 with and without any additional programs (like AS2016, TrackIR) or utilities (like FSCommander). Also removed FSUIPC v5.13. Same results, yoke will not hide when loading the "Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial".

Archived