Hiding the Yoke

I might be being dumb here (and it does happen, quite frequently - so please feel free to ) but I don't seem to be able to get the yoke to hide properly

According to the manual (p20), CTRL+W should do it, but this appears to toggle the HUD instead.  Attempting to apply logic I then tried the command listed for "Toggle HUD", which is SHIFT+Q, which makes the yoke vanish for a split second then return.

In the FAQ topic I noted that it was important to load a default AC first (which I did, the default F22 in P3D4) - am I missing something obvious or have I hit on a bug?

I'm running P3D 4.0.28.21686 Pro Plus, on Windows 8.1 64bit. (Unrelated to the issue at hand, can I also just add that this has really been worth the wait, it's performed like a dream so far! Thanks for all the hard work)

Thanks Mathijs, I've got no work at all this week so if you need me to do any testing/troubleshooting from my end then I'm happy to do whatever is needed :)

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

During testing we only had this happen when the aircraft was loaded directly from the free flight/scenario window. Please check topic #8 in the troubleshooting thread:

I did mention that I loaded the aircraft by switching from a default one loaded in at my starting airport

Just now, Mark Fox said:

I did mention that I loaded the aircraft by switching from a default one loaded in at my starting airport

please reload the aircraft again. this issue happens rarely but happens, the best way to solution if you see this. Its to launch default, and the load CRJ if is not, launch CRJ again.

1 minute ago, Eduard Gasull said:

please reload the aircraft again. this issue happens rarely but happens, the best way to solution if you see this. Its to launch default, and the load CRJ if is not, launch CRJ again.

It's happening pretty consistently here, haven't managed to get it to hide since installing first thing this morning (across multiple launches of the whole sim) - I made sure that it wasn't just a one off before I opened the thread

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, gjharrall said:

Same here. Almost seems livery dependent. It worked fine on the 700 series and then I switched to AC 900 and the yoke just flickers.

You should never load complex aircrafts like this over each other.

And I also can not replicate this issue, at least in P3Dv4

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

You should never load complex aircrafts like this over each other.

And I also can not replicate this issue, at least in P3Dv4

It does seem to happen randomly regardless of default aircraft loaded first or not.

The bug seems to be random at times. One time hiding the yokes works just perfectly, another time it wont. I have linked a video below where it worked on the first try - after closing the sim down and starting it again it did not work anymore. I would say hiding the yoke works 1 out of 3 times for me.

https://youtu.be/6X9AG1xHoic

• 4 weeks later...

Archived