Sound problems

Mathijs was extremely quick with closing the "CRJ questions" topic - especially since Hans had overlooked that I had also raised the following sound problem:

When the APU is running and you view the CRJ in external view, the APU can still be heard even after switching all sounds in FSX off (by pressing Q).

Also I wanted to ask @Hans Hartmann a follow-up question to the ground power sound issue: You said in the other topic that one can regulate the ground vehicles sound volume in the settings. But is it realistic anyway to hear the ground power at all while sitting in the cockpit? I would have thought that the ground power can only be heard outside of the plane. And even there, from my CRJ flights as a passenger, I can't remember that I ever heard the ground power (at least not with such a noticeable "lawnmower" sound).

• Aerosoft

I closed it because it contained multiple questions, always complex to handle.

As the VC sounds are handled by a separate sound engine they do not silence when the FS sounds are muted. The actual sound of GPU depends on the type. The sound we included is one we recorded from a real GPU at Schiphol. It was a rather loud one that you could very well hear inside an aircraft. No changes in that are planned.

Archived