Hi, First of all congratulations on the release and I really enjoy this plane apart from this one problem.

Everytime I hit PROG in the FMS during flight it is instant CTD.

On the ground it works fine.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Please tell me any more needed information to further diagnose the issue. :) 

Im using P3D v4

and here are the event logs:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ASCRJ.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5980443e
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000016f084
Faulting process id: 0x2940
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30b6b7bab134a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ Base\panel\ASCRJ.dll
Report Id: e7ebc023-d774-4cfd-9f24-ac4b676d84e3
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Another symptom. If i attempt to takeoff with the PROG page active in the FMS. I CTD right as I put the throttles to TOGA Detent.

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure all you Runtime files are up to date? What is your OS?

Yup runtimes are updated. Windows 10 64-bit

9 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Can you post the flightplan and let me know about where it happened? I'll look right into it.

RPUT 17 CUY W1 CAB CAB1 RPLL 24R

Whit the FMS in PROG page, happens even during takeoff as i put the throttle to TOGA Detent.

I think its a navdata issue. I tried a flight from KLAX - KSFO and was able to takeoff just fine. Ill try to redownload my navigraph data and report back.

EDIT: Still CTD with redownloaded navigraph data. hmm guess I cant fly in my home country for now :(

19 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No, it's not navdata. TOGA power is when the fuel and time calculations start. The issue most likely hidden there. Do you remember what you entered on the PERF INIT pages?

I just used the copy function from the EFB. Then entered my cruise alt of 20000 ft.

Just tried it again and noticed this weird figure in the 3rd page of the PERF INIT PAGE. The fuel calculations seems to be too long?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Do you suggest to now attempt to reinstall or not yet? :) btw thanks for the help. 

• Aerosoft
12 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Do you suggest to now attempt to reinstall or not yet? :) btw thanks for the help. 

Don't re-install Won't change a thing as we check all installed file after copying has completed. Let hans check it out first.

No joy yet... I'm sorry to have to bother you once more... Can you save the flightplan (INDEX -> ROUTE MENU -> PILOT ROUTE LIST -> Enter Name -> LSK6L) and the P3D scenario and upload them here?

You'll find the saved files here:

Flightplan: Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Flightplans. The file name extension is ".fpl"

Scenarios: Documents\Prepar3Dv4 Files. File extensions are: .fxml, .wx and .crj

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Don't re-install Won't change a thing as we check all installed file after copying has completed. Let hans check it out first.

Noted! ill just wait for hans to work his magic. No hurries though. Ill fly US and EU routes for the meantime. Nobody flies the CRJ here in the Philippines anyway lol.

11 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Thanks! The second screenshot already shows that it's a fuel issue.

Just let me know if you need any more steps for me to do to help you further diagnose the issue. Thanks!

EDIT: On it!

Here are the files:

Using that scenario:

- Set POS INIT

- I load flightplan

- Use the copy to PERF INIT function from EFB.

- Set T/O Vspeed using the EFB

- Put FMS to PROG page (important step- doesnt ctd if not on prog page. It does CTD in the air if you switch to prog page later)

- Flaps for takeoff

- Set TOGA

CTD Everytime :)

RPUTRPLL.flp

CRJ.crj

CRJ.fxml

CRJ.wx

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

Using that scenario:

- Set POS INIT

- I load flightplan

- Use the copy to PERF INIT function from EFB.

- Set T/O Vspeed using the EFB

- Put FMS to PROG page (important step- doesnt ctd if not on prog page. It does CTD in the air if you switch to prog page later)

- Flaps for takeoff

- Set TOGA

CTD Everytime :)

Not here :(. I'm going to try with the CRJ version from the shop next, the one without debug code.

6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Still no luck.

Do you get the CTD when you load the flight and flightplan you uploaded? Or did that only happen when you entered the flightplan manually?

I get the CTD everytime i load those files and follow the steps I wrote :( i have done other routes and im able to takeoff just fine. Just on that route for now. Ill try to find other symptoms/routes it can ctd and report back. 

Snapshot, can you try again with the attached gauge file (P3D v4 only). The file goes to <P3D Main folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ\panel). There are too many issues that are not reproducable on my system. I would like to know what happens when you use the actual same gauge file as I do.

ASCRJ_x64.7z

Just tried it with that gauge file and still ctd. Still dont have luck in finding other routes with the same problem. Just that one route, and if i dont go into the prog page, i can complete the flight.

5 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

OK, it's a tough nut to crack. Even though i happens to quite a few people, it seems to be completely unreproducable for others. I'm going to try and reproduce it on two other computers this morning.

Hmm. After i updated to the 1.002 hotfix version, I am no longer CTDing on the scenario. The Fuel calculation in the PERF INIT page that was messed up before is now displaying fine. Ill continue to monitor but I think it was just a case of a botched installation the first time. Thanks for your help Hans! Ill update you if the situation changes again. She is flying perfectly now.

Just now, snapshot21 said:

Hmm. After i updated to the 1.002 hotfix version, I am no longer CTDing on the scenario. The Fuel calculation in the PERF INIT page that was messed up before is now displaying fine. Ill continue to monitor but I think it was just a case of a botched installation the first time. Thanks for your help Hans! Ill update you if the situation changes again. She is flying perfectly now.

I would love to tell you that I made any changes between the version I uploaded last night and the one that went into the installer this morning. But I really changed absolutely nothing except the version number. I sometimes think that there's some "great demon of software" that keeps doing these things to me and laughs its ass off in the meantime ;)

However, I added some additional checks that make sure the fuel and time data is valid. This might not cure the underlying issue (which, I am sure, is still there) but it will help to avoid CTDs that are caused by buffer overflows (length of the number greater than the length of the string variable).

5 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I would love to tell you that I made any changes between the version I uploaded last night and the one that went into the installer this morning. But I really changed absolutely nothing except the version number. I sometimes think that there's some "great demon of software" that keeps doing these things to me and laughs its ass off in the meantime ;)

However, I added some additional checks that make sure the fuel and time data is valid. This might not cure the underlying issue (which, I am sure, is still there) but it will help to avoid CTDs that are caused by buffer overflows (length of the number greater than the length of the string variable).

I have an update. After trying the fresh install 5 times with the scenario with no problem. 

On the 6th time, I got the CTD again and the fuel page in messed up again. The culprit and only thing i did? I installed the latest Navigraph Data using their data manager ;) I think it is definitely connected to that.

1 minute ago, snapshot21 said:

The culprit and only thing i did? I installed the latest Navigraph Data using their data manager ;) I think it is definitely connected to that.

Coincidentally I just emailed with Richard Stefan from Navigraph because of another bug report and he sent me the latest cycle. I'm going to try right away.

I got it. That had to be an extremely rare issue which involved calculating the heading between two points that are exactly at the same position. The result is NaN ("not a number") which in turn messed up distance, fuel and time calculation. I made some changes to make to use another heading information from the nav database in that case which means it's a tiny little bit less precise (less than 10 meters) but doesn't wreak havoc on the dist/fuel/time calculations anymore.

The fix will be available with the next upload.

Archived