August's 2017 Screen-Shot Contest: - TAILS

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok so I have strayed a bit from the "Potential Themes thread", so this month we are going to focus on "Aircraft Tails" (Thanks to Capt. Picaso - edetroit).  There are a wide array of creativity opportunities - show us your TAILS......well not really :huh::boingy_s:

Please login to display this image.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".  As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image.

Good luck to ALL

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, edetroit said:

Excellent! This will be a great theme .....and for once... I think we will be able to top your shots.:D

Hide contents
  Hide contents

By all means, bring them......my shots are merely for inspiration, and I expect following shots to better ......let the fun begin :lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Kroswynd is that N806SK tail the new Aerosoft CRJ, the detail is outstanding.

Darryl

Hi Daryl,

Yes, that is the soon to be released Aerosoft CRJ.  Thanks ....yes she is quite a stunning bird thus far.

Well... I'll simply post a shot I take to show the extra detailing in my tail textures.  This is one of my efforts when I painted a few Frontier tails.  This one was the most interesting.  Plus my daughter loves frogs, so it was one I had to paint. :D

I'll probably paint this on the new AS Airbus when it's released.  I like flying her in and out of Denver.

Hello Friends,

Very nice theme! lovely frames coming in for this theme.

Best of luck to all!:goodluck_s:

Amazing photoreal tail on this Lufthansa MD-11F at EDDL holding for departure and yes not to mention its Fs2004 B)

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aviator_86

1 hour ago, edetroit said:

My beloved Freighter Girls! :wub:

Winner. :)

For the 3 flight simmers in the world who don't know of edetroit....what makes this screenshot special, is that in addition to being a great tail capture of some great planes, he also painted all those planes.

Having known him (virtually) for years (or is it decades now Ed?:wacko:)...I can tell you he's probably one of the most creative simmers I've ever encountered.  If you know his work, I'm not telling you something you don't already know. Hehe.

I had the privilege of co-authoring one of his repaints for the LDS 767 many years ago.  That American Airlines paint got more downloads than all of my repaints combined (over 17 thousand at last count)...that should tell you how good his textures were. ;) 

Anyway...as a fellow painter, and fellow freight dog (who's painted his share of freighters)...excellent screenshot Ed!

5 hours ago, steve dra said:

For the 3 flight simmers in the world who don't know of edetroit....what makes this screenshot special, is that in addition to being a great tail capture of some great planes, he also painted all those planes.

Having known him (virtually) for years (or is it decades now Ed?:wacko:)...I can tell you he's probably one of the most creative simmers I've ever encountered.  If you know his work, I'm not telling you something you don't already know. Hehe.

I had the privilege of co-authoring one of his repaints for the LDS 767 many years ago.  That American Airlines paint got more downloads than all of my repaints combined (over 17 thousand at last count)...that should tell you how good his textures were. ;) 

Anyway...as a fellow painter, and fellow freight dog (who's painted his share of freighters)...excellent screenshot Ed!

Very kind words Steve. Thank you very much. It has been an absolute pleasure (and still is) to make this FS journey with great people like your good self. :hi_s:

Perhaps I will come and join you on P3D one day. :D

10 hours ago, steve dra said:

Absolutley agree! Always Ed! standards!! A great human who not only helps you and appreciate at your hobby but also encourage with master tips! All simmers are lucky to have you.Everyday boot fs9# with any of his livery  and end up toggling cam hours on it such real experience to it enjoying each one of it.

Not to mention he is the man who bought me in these monthly screenshot theme contests ! Pleasure to be part of it.

Best Regards,

Aviator_86

John: Why on earth would someone downvote the screenshot above ?

It is okay, John    Thanks for your kind post.  I thought COMBO of amazing tail. full moon, Aerosoft airport scenery, and Aerosoft vehicles would be terrific for this contest.  What more can anybody ask?  Surprised me that somebody down-voted my screenshot LMAOO

Anyway, judging of screenshots for the monthly contest is NOT influenced by numbers of up or down votes.  It is solely based on judges' judging while ignoring numbers of up or down votes. I mean a screenshot with ten down votes has SAME good chances as a screenshot with four up votes to win a screenshot contest anyway.

Regards,

Aharon

3 hours ago, Aharon said:

It is okay, John    Thanks for your kind post.  I thought COMBO of amazing tail. full moon, Aerosoft airport scenery, and Aerosoft vehicles would be terrific for this contest.  What more can anybody ask?  Surprised me that somebody down-voted my screenshot LMAOO

Anyway, judging of screenshots for the monthly contest is NOT influenced by numbers of up or down votes.  It is solely based on judges' judging while ignoring numbers of up or down votes. I mean a screenshot with ten down votes has SAME good chances as a screenshot with four up votes to win a screenshot contest anyway.

Regards,

Aharon

Excelent shot. That tail is gonna get some serious attention, right :P

On 11/08/2017 at 4:33 AM, John Glanville said:

Why on earth would someone downvote the screenshot above ? Sorry Aharon can't give you 2 votes .

I actually wish Aerosoft would get rid of down votes altogether.  They are always abused, with people just jumping on a bandwagon, and users getting up to 20 downvotes in some posts for simply speaking their mind.  Having down votes benefits no one.

Unfortunately I couldn't capture it in a screenshot, but the tail I have been blown away by IRL just due to it's monstrous size is the C-17 Globemaster III, so for this months theme I had to use that tail.  I am always astounded when I see one at an airshow.  It is like standing next to a skyscraper.

And here is a real life pic to try and demonstrate it's actual immense scale.

An image from my region - the Ruhrgebiet.

You can see the power station Schoveln and the heap of the same name in Gelsenkirchen. The image was taken from the Robin DR400 from Aerosoft. The landscape comes from GEN.

Once upon a time the musician Herberg Groenemeier sang: "Tief im Westen, wo die Sonne verstaubt ..." english: "Deep in the West, where the sun is dusty ...."

Archived