NGX and Ibiza = CTD, P3D V4

Dimon

Hello,

I purchased Balearic Islands yesterday and ran into very strange problem. When the scenery is written into the scenery.cfg file, every time I select NGX from P3D vehicles I get CTD immediately with P3D shuts down. It happens with PMDG planes only and not with the default planes. I did a several tests and found out that IBIZA TERRAIN is the problematic folder that generates a CTD. Once I have this folder removed from the scenery. cfg file, the CTD goes away. There is direct cause-and-effect relationship and can easily recreate this CTD, I have a stable. clean P3D set-up, no other complaints/problems.

Other user already had this problem in the past but you neglected him. Please see the topic

Your solution would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Dm itriy

Mathijs,

It's P3Dv4 and since I'm able to run the entire FTX sandwich in PNW area with zero performance issues, Ballearian Islands package is an easy walk in a park.

Here is what I noticed. The package I bought on simmarket has 3 separate packages - Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza. In the beginning, I installed Menorca first - had no problem with NGX, then I installed Ibiza and boom...I got NGX/CTD problem that I described in my initial post. Then I re-installed Ibiza fully and CTD with NGX went away as per my initial post. On my nest step, I installed Mallorca and I got this CTD on start-up with NGX again!!!. That puzzled me a bit, so I un-installed both Mallorca and Menorca and installed again Mallorca alone first and my cTD problem went away again!!!. 

I suspect that there is something wrong with the sequence how the packages should be installed. There is a conflict between them and I cannot say where it is exactly. In the meantime, Mallorca (LEPA) alone works ok, going to install Ibiza and Menorca on the top of that closer to the weekend and let you know.

If you have some ideas in mind, please let me know.

Best Regards

Dmitriy

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I honestly have no idea. There must be thousands of customers with the same combination and this is the first I hear of it. How much memory do you in your machine? Normal; and graphical.

16GB for Mobo, 980Ti with 6GB and i7-6700k

Again...it's not about PC and performance, as I have been with P3D since 1.4 and it's the most stable FS platform I've seen since FS2000, it's a certain bug that hasn't been caught in beta. I'll let you know.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please provide the related Windows Event Log entry of the CTD (eventvwr.exe -> Windows Logs -> Applications -> copy & paste the complete error text from the ERROR log being written by p3d.exe).

5 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Please provide the related Windows Event Log entry of the CTD (eventvwr.exe -> Windows Logs -> Applications -> copy & paste the complete error text from the ERROR log being written by p3d.exe).

Tom,

The event entry says that it's infamous ntdll CTD combined with videocard driver crash. It's 383 at the moment (clean uninstall/install was performed yesterday).

I also noticed another thing. If I disable Texture fodlers of the Terrain folder for each individual scenery, my issue with NGX goes away completely. Each of  these Texture folders consists of old *AGN (autogen, I presume) and new *DDS files. Have you guys validated that old FS2004 code was eliminated? This might be an issue here. Or not....

UPDATE 4. 

Spent a good portion of time yesterday, adding/disabling/compiling/recompiling/installing/reinstalling various add-ones.

Bottom line - I was able to finally cure my ntdll CTD for now, but I don't see any direct dependencies in my actions, so perhaps it's merely an incidental luck. What I did was merely disabled those add-ones that were initially added via XML-method (FSDT/SODE/UK2000), reloadede the sim, then suffle the order of those add-ones and enabled them again. Finally, the ntdll CTD was gone with all my sceneries active in both XML-mode and classic scenery.cfg mode. Made a quick NGX test MCO-JFK, it worked flawlessly.

I'm yet to install 50 other sceneries' products, so perhaps this issue will pop-up again. Meanwhile, it's pretty obvious now that on a long-run all the developers should stick with either one method of adding their products to the sim or another. Otherwise, the products' conflicts like these would be "new normal" 

That's all for now. Sorry for a little bit of drama. 

My best
Dmitriy

Archived