FSDG - Seychelles X

Aguinaldo

Hi since i have bought the scenery on 11/20/16 the problem is still the same. I have downloaded and installed more than three time and its the same thing happening. It install the scenery but there is not texture folder. whenever i check the scenery in p3d v4 is all black as it was also in p3d v3. I contacted FSDG and they told me to check with aerosoft since i bought at aerosoft website.Any clues? I think its just the texture folder missing. order # 846908. Thanks and ill be waiting for your help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just a reminder on the usual things to do when installing any scenery:

• Unzip with something better than the build in Windows tool. 7-zip get the best reviews for this.
  • Turn off your anti-virus and open the installer by right clicking on it and installing as Administrator.
  • Open the sim to let the scenery get added to the Scenery Library, then close the sim without flying and reboot (optional but in the past has made a difference for some)
  • Turn your AV back on.
  • Open the sim and check to see if the new scenery is in the right place in the library and also to see if there are any other folders that need to be seen by the Scenery Library.

From your description, it sounds like you're checking after installation to see if there's both a scenery and texture folder in the main folder for the scenery. The absence of a texture folder does indicate the scenery didn't install correctly, as I've never seen one without one.. I suggest you try clearing your browser cache and then downloading again, but this time from the German server. The other two have occasionally had trouble with correct files.

Hi Herman i hope you are doing great.

My AV and windows firewall are always off and i just turn on the AV twice a week to scan for viruses. I use the wirar for the zip and I will follow your instruction concerning to the browser and German server download. Herman thanks for your reply....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please let us know if downloading from the German site after clearing the cache gets the scenery to install correctly. Your other practices sound fine.

Archived