AES FS2004 Not Recognising Airports

I had to reload my FS system onto a new PC today and everything is working apart from AES.

My previous version was 2.41, and I updated to 2.45, yet it does not recognise any of my addon airports.

I started with Aerosoft Brussels X, added it via FS9 in the usual way.  Reopend FS9 and created a flight, scenery is there all ok.

Open AES help to activate AES and it is not there, not recognised.

I checked the scenery.cfg file and Brussels is there (no other scenery installed yet) but AES does not see it.

Am I missing something ?

Regards

Simon

Yes I have, the issue is AES is just not recognising my airports are on my system, as if they have disappeared.

Its odd, had AES for many many years and reloaded many many times and never experienced this before.

Odd.

Simon

Still going through this logically and got one airport to be identified in AES, but no others.

I am running W10, no UAC, running AES as administrator.

Airports are listed in scenery.cfg file, and work in FS9.

But AES just will not see them.

Did anything change between version 2.41 and 2.45, have not used FS9 for over a year.

Have searched the forum but can see no similar problems.

Simon

Nobody able to assist me with this issue ?

I have now reformated my separate hard drive, loaded FS9 back on, reloaded update 9.1, reloaded one airport , then AES and it does not recognise it.

I am totally at a loss now and coming to the conclusion FS9 and AES do not run in Windows 10.

Simon

Update this evening.

This may help others who encounter this, and it may also help me understand what is wrong with my installation through the help of those on this forum.

I can now get my airports to be recognised by AES.

However this is only possible if i put the scenery folders in the Aerosoft folder, so my fs9 directory reads as follows;

A/Flight Simulator/Aerosoft/Keflavic (or other airport)

If i move every airport from scenery into the Aerosoft folder they are all recognised.

Anybody able to explain why this works, because after 15 years of FS i have never had to move the scenery out of the scenery folder to make them work.

Any assistance or explanation appreciated.

Simon

• Deputy Sheriffs

For anyone else with this issue, note Mathijs' comment. This fix was simply to move the airport folders from out of the general "Scenery" folder in the sim.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived