When, o when

Hi,

When I read all requests for new airports to be serviced, and I see all released new sceneries, for FS9 and FSX, and I notice the latest version 2.45 (january 2017!!), I begin to wonder, "when, o when". I know, Oliver, you are busy with helping updates for P3D v4, but I hope you get more time from AeroSoft to work on your own software instead of theirs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

My oh my ;)

First of oll none of us except Oliver himself knows how much time, beside his reallife, he spends on each of his various tasks in the flightsim business.

Second, if you look at the last Aerosoft polls regarding the simulator platform, it is quite clear that it goes towards P3D and even more since v4 brakes several technical barriers.

So at the end it got something todo with priorities and I fully understand when people put most of their efforts towards the future (P3D).

For me it is far more important to get more addons v4 compatible then getting in AES update for a FSX addon.

Others might think different, but when you look forward you can not please everybody.

That is is very true, in that you cannot please everyone, however FSX still is a valid used product with many add-ons still runniing alongside it, however I appreciate Oliver cannot be expected to work 24/7 365 days, therefore maybe he would benefit from having an assistant helping lighten his workload, this is merely not critism and only a suggestion.  I have a whole lot of AES credits I bought and are awaiting to apply them to airports that have been updated/released since AES last release, in the meantime they remain dormant, I don't think it's unreasonable for FSX users to have an legitimate expectation to see support and development of an existing paid product, for example it may be only minor items, but in UK2000 latest EGCC on stand 12 the airbridges are not working as you would expect, I raised this with Oliver who acknowledged it, however this was months ago with no progress or indication as to when this will be corrected, only information was "in the next update" but the question is when is this next update going to be?

I will always use AES when I can, but in the meantime I will now use GSX rather than awaiting and demanding Oliver to release a new version.

Oliver can concentrate getting AES to work with P3D and perhaps implementing the improvements that were started over three years ago.

The "assistant" can update the Airports for FS9 and FSX in the normal (and more frequent) manner.

This would go a long way to pleasing everybody..... Simples.:)

4 hours ago, edetroit said:

Oliver can concentrate getting AES to work with P3D and perhaps implementing the improvements that were started over three years ago.

Honnestly, apart for using in P3D the credits we bought while we were using FSX, is there really in 2017 a valid reason to develop AES for P3D?

i mean with GSX and SODE, is there a value added by AES? Oliver & Aerosoft will have to come with way more than a simple port of AES for P3D.... like adding new interresting features....

if AES for P3D is a simple port of the FSX version, I fear that this is sadly too late.....

7 minutes ago, gordon24 said:

Honnestly, apart for using in P3D the credits we bought while we were using FSX, is there really in 2017 a valid reason to develop AES for P3D?

i mean with GSX and SODE, is there a value added by AES? Oliver & Aerosoft will have to come with way more than a simple port of AES for P3D.... like adding new interresting features....

if AES for P3D is a simple port of the FSX version, I fear that this is sadly too late.....

I would prefer AES for the far superior push-back function alone.

1 hour ago, gordon24 said:

I fear that this is sadly too late.....

Too late for P3D? What about FS9? It is truly sad that a program with such great potential is being developed at slower than a snails pace. AFAIK Every pushback truck, catering truck, door configs etc etc in the world should have been modelled and implemented by now. What a world beating program that would be.

I also have a bucket load of unused credits. 

In FSX I preferred AES over GSX. Even though I own a a license for GSX, I never installed it into my latest FSX build. Now that I have switched over to P3DV4, I am stuck with GSX and SODE. I can't tell you how insufficient I find the setup for jetways and pushback. GSX sometimes requires me to stop the pushback manually. 75% of the time I end up picking a gate without a moving jetway. Maybe it has a moving jetway, but some developer has assigned a different key combination to its operation... It just sucks. AES did all of this without issues and without a second thought. Sure, there are some airports that don't have AES integration, but the vast majority of worthwhile payware and freeware airports did except fop ORBX and the most recent FSDT stuff.

My fear is Aerosoft is going to cancel any additional attempts to get AES into P3DV4. I want it. I need it. And I would pay a little more for it if that what it takes to get it working and to make sure it is updated on a regular basis.

Well, I am glad I am not the only one, I think it would be appropriate for Oliver now to comment on these valid concerns raised and give customers some form of reassurance in line with customer service expectations.

Archived