V1.5 Issues

gdavej

Getting a number of issues with the version 1.5 of SimStarter:

1. Downloaded the v1.5 from Aerosoft website using the US mirror that was listed. After downloading and uninstalling my old 1.4.7 version of SimStarter, I installed the new version. However, after installation, I started SimStarter and it proclaimed itself version 1.4, and asked to update to v1.4.7. I tried downloading the 1.5 version from both the Germany mirror, and the other region server. Although the zip files and contained executable were the same size, a comparison of the executables showed that the US mirror downloaded was different from the other two. After installing the version from the Germany mirror, I did indeed get v1.5, and it now recognised the P3Dv4 installation. This suggests teh wrong file has been uploaded to the US server. However...
  2. Starting up the v1.5 version, and selecting P3Dv4, immediately gave an unhandled exception, where it claimed that it could not find C:\Aerosoft\...\platforms\P3Dv4\ASN.xml. Sure enough that file doesn't exist, but it shouldn't be needed since I'm using ASP4 for weather, which is a variant of AS16, not ActiveSkyNext.
  3. Continuing past this exception, I select ScenerySets and get another unhandled exception in that access to C:|Program Files(x86)\12BPilot\Sode\P3DV4\add-on.xml is denied. I checked the permissions on this file and all users have read/execute.

2 hours ago, busychild said:

2. & 3.: Had some similar issues - you've to run SimStarter with admin rights.

Thanks, that does resolve issue 3, although I still get the exception related to ASN.xml. Also just wanted to point out issue 1, easy fix is download from a mirror other than the US one, but somebody should probably put the right file up.

After running as admin, I get some more errors...

1. File not found! <c:\Aerosoft\SimStarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\>. This occurs after invoking Scenery Sets etc. That directory does exist, and this error is immediately followed by
  2. CRITICAL ERROR. No aircrafts [sic] found! SIMStarter NG terminates.

This means the program is unuseable for me with P3Dv4. Program works okay, however, with FSX and P3Dv3

• Developer

Okay. So we looking into the ASN.XML issue only, rest seems to be solved. Fine.

Please send a DebugPack.

Did you may copied your v3 data profile to v4? :O)

9 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Please send a DebugPack.

No, I didn't copy the v3 data profile. Not sure what you mean by a DebugPack, how do I generate that?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, gdavej said:

No, I didn't copy the v3 data profile. Not sure what you mean by a DebugPack, how do I generate that?

On top of this forum you will find all pinned topics, including one explaining all details about the debug pack:

15 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Please send a DebugPack.

Here's the debug pack. However, it doesn't include the errors "File Not Found" and "CRITICAL ERROR", since these cause immediate termination of SimStarter.

As I said earlier, I didn't copy the V3 data profile to V4.

20170706-15h42m29_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

• Developer

This might not be the root cause of the error but very strange that you have started the application without license. How do you did that?

26.07.2017 13:47:52 INFO      LICENSE             Email: 

But for sure you are having a valid license so thats not the case.

For any strange reason NG says use ASN version in P3Dv4.

Can you tell me what is installed on your system?

• ASNFSX?
  • ASNP3D?
  • AS16_FSX?
  • AS16_P3D?
  • AS16_P3Dv4?

I would like to get the root cause of this error.

Try to solve by closing SIMstarter NG and deleting:

C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\settings.ini

Restart NG after that.

• Developer

Or even better: can you please send me a screeshot of this directory:

C:\Users\#YourUsername#\AppData\Roaming\Hifi

Should look like this:

Please login to display this image.

17 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Or even better: can you please send me a screeshot of this directory:

C:\Users\#YourUsername#\AppData\Roaming\Hifi

Here's the contents of the HiFi directory... (see attachment)

Tried deleting settings.ini, and restarting. Got a message about multiple versions of HiFi Active Sky Weatherengine, so went to Settings->Program Settings and switched to AS16. Still get the Critical Error after this

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Confirmed bug. Will be fixed with next update.

If you want to fix it before the next update do:

1. Close SIMstarter NG

2. Download the attached file "< FILE REMOVED. ALREADY INCLUDED IN UPDATE >" on your computer and copy to
    C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\scheme\P3Dv4\platform.xml

3. Delete settings.ini located here
    C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\P3Dv4\settings.ini
  4. Restart SIMstarter NG

DO THIS ONLY IF YOU USING P3Dv4 AND ENSURE THAT THE DESTINATION SCHEME FOLDER IS CORRECT!

Archived