Madeira X Evolution missing lead on lights

jj270204

• Deputy Sheriffs

Next time before posting please make yourself familiar with the structure of the forum and post in the correct section. The "General Discussion" is not meant to ask for support.

So I'll move this topic for you.

What Sim are you using?

Which exact version of Madeira did you install (latest version is 1.05a)?

Also your SODE is not up to date, what usually should would happen automatically when you install the latest version of Madeira.

• Developer
vor 6 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Also your SODE is not up to date, what usually should would happen automatically when you install the latest version of Madeira.

Since Madeira Evo 1.04 the Product don't use SODE anymore. So he will not have the newest Version and a SODE issue with his old version of Madeira.

So please first download an install Version 1.05a, then check the following post, there is a post fix file included for some minor issues, releated to the sim you have.

• Deputy Sheriffs

IRL, lead-in lights, aka LDIN or RLLS, are directional, just like the approach light system. I'm not sure if this is what's modeled at Maderia, but I expect it is. Therefore, you shouldn't see them beyond a certain angle off centerline, and because they're not high intensity by design, you probably won't see them too far out.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

IRL, lead-in lights, aka LDIN or RLLS, are directional, just like the approach light system. I'm not sure if this is what's modeled at Maderia, but I expect it is. Therefore, you shouldn't see them beyond a certain angle off centerline, and because they're not high intensity by design, you probably won't see them too far out.

From what I'm used to see in real life here in Madeira, you can actually see them from every angle.

For example I can see them standing at the terminal balcony, or at the road north of the runway or even while driving on the motorway which follows those LDIN lights.

This is of course at night since I don't recall seeing them on during the day (since the pilots just have to follow the coastline).

Just wanted to give my opinion based on what I usually see.

Cheers!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting to know. The ones in the US that I've flown were directional. Keeps you from seeing them when landing opposite direction.

The video definition is not the best but you can see the brightness/"blinck" of the lights in the distance:

https://youtu.be/u0mO5o5qN9Y

Rosario, Gelo and 05 landing with onboard camera (caution with the sound):

https://youtu.be/n3AYv-2MJbA

I think that the lights of the first version of this Madeira Evolution were closer to reality.

• Developer

Hi Herman and José,

I think both of your statements are correct:

The flashes are directed lights, as you can check on Google streetview:

Please login to display this image.

So the flashes are visible with a radiation angle  from max 180 degrees.

When I had done the lights for Madeira (old and new once) I expected, that the orientation of the flashes are following the flightpath (red arrows),

but some of the flashes looks like they are more rotated to the see side (green arrows),

others have two flashed on top:

This will explain, why some of the flashes are maybe visable from the airport or in approach to the 23 runway.

As there are no info's available, how it is exactly in real life, every version we will make is not perfect.

Before I change that, I need more detailed info's, maybe someone will be able to provide them.

Aerosoft will not pay me a flight to Madeira to check it my self :)

Thank you for the explanation ;)

16 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

From what I'm used to see in real life here in Madeira, you can actually see them from every angle.

For example I can see them standing at the terminal balcony, or at the road north of the runway or even while driving on the motorway which follows those LDIN lights.

This is of course at night since I don't recall seeing them on during the day (since the pilots just have to follow the coastline).

Just wanted to give my opinion based on what I usually see.

Cheers!

This video shows the lights on the road north of the runway:

https://youtu.be/xIZLVKphnUM

From my experience it is a beautiful sight. The flashes are a lot more intense than in the video, spectacular in my opinion :wub:

Archived