Pilot not loading in aircraft

MosGuy

I purchased the DA20-100 Katana 4X last week. The setup and first flight went fine. Then I tried further flights and found that under payload I could not load a pilot, the box immediately turns grey again (both passenger/baggage stay blue). I can see in the background that the pilot tries to load but flashes on/off with mouse clicks.

Customer service had me, uninstall/reinstall the software as well as try using directx 9. The recommended settings are used as listed in the manual.

Further trouble-shooting I've tried is:

- updating graphic card drivers
- adjusting graphic settings through fsx only.
- forcing graphic settings through the cards control panel
- running it under administrator rights
-  testing both directx 9 and 10
- Loading a save file, as well as starting a fresh flight (neither work)

I've checked the weight file; it is indeed saving ok and is write-able. The only thing I found that temporarily resolves it is when it glitches to use the reset function and start over, which only lasts part of a flight, upon shutdown and switching to external view; the pilot is missing and attempts to load the pilot, fail as described above. Resetting each flight is not a long term solution or fix.

I don't believe it's a problem with my setup as I have a couple of A2A simulations aircraft and they work 100% with adding/removing people/weight, the issue is limited to the aerosoft Katana. I'm running out of trouble-shooting ideas to isolate the problem. Has anyone run into this issue before ?.

I'm using steves dx10 fixer and well as went through Kostas fsx tweak guide. I double checked the config file and yes high mem is on. I may have stumbled upon the possible cause; is loading the pilot linked to certain conditions, such as: using the internal view or having the control lock off ?.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived