Trondheim ENVA Frame Rates

jays85

Hi,

I recently purchased the fantastic Trondheim ENVA airport scenery, and I have a decent spec PC but have noticed since initially using it I am only getting frame rates on the ground for instance with say the Quality Wings 757 and other aircraft, parked at a gate of around 6-10fps with the worse hit on night settings, with some stuttery activity on approach to say RW09 during even daylight hours. I have nothing running in the background solely FSX:SE, now I have used FSX etc for a long time with various payware aircraft and mega airports of a much bigger scale and complexity with a lot going on and have not experienced frame rate drops as low as this to the point for this airport solely I have had to lower my graphic settings down to be able to do as smoothish flight as possible, from reading other reviews on simmarket etc I am not the only one either who has noticed a frame rate hit at this airport. Any help and advice would be appreciated. 

Also, when I activated GSX at the airport the baggage containers were in the air, and there were no baggage carts, or handlers anywhere to be seen, and then noticed that they were in fact at a lower elevation i.e. underground, this issue isn't just with GSX usage either it is all the time, that there appears to be some issue with elevation at this airport, when changing a standard viewpoint lower-again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nonetheless it is a FANTASTIC airport and advancement in terms of FSX scenery- the animated passengers, dynamic lighting etc is great! 

Here are my specs: Windows 10 (64bit) fully updated, XPS 8300- intel core i7 2600 CPU 3.40ghz 4 core, 8 logical processor, 8gb RAM, running FSX: SE, Nvidia GE force GT545 (fully updated with latest release driver)

Thanks

Jay

• Deputy Sheriffs

With that CPU and speed, along with probably less than 2GB ram on a dated video card, you may be asking too much of your system. While FSX:SE uses memory better than stock FSX, there's only so much it can do.

For ground support (and other stuff) in the air, you may not have ENVA far enough up the Scenery Library. If you're using any Orbx products, ensure all your add-ons are on top of the first Orbx entry. If you are using Orbx, use the Central tool to put Orbx below your lowest add-on. Don't use the Scenery Library in this case, as your changes will be lost when you restart the sim.

Another solution that may help is in this thread.

I don't think I am asking too much of my system-it handles bigger more complex airport scenery, and payware aircraft without any issue in the past to date, as I stated in my initial post this issue is solely isolated to Trondheim, it copes very well without any problems into Ibiza X, Mallorca X, London Gatwick etc, airports of which are on a much bigger scale with more going on using a complex payware aircraft, and I am not the only user who is experiencing this issue, If i draw your attention to the reviews of Trondheim over on simmarket, it has also been noted recently by another user the poor FPS for this particular scenery. 

• Aerosoft

This scenery is not less complex than bigger airports, in fact it is MORE complex because you got the same amount of objects on a smaller area, something that could easily overload your hardware. 

As far as we are aware there are no errors in the scenery nor is there a lot to gain by optimizing it another time. To increase the fps on your system we would have to remove objects. But that is something you can do yourself with the settings in the sim.

Archived