Twin Otter Extended Extended?

I was very happy to see, that the Twotter made it in P3D4 that quickly. That I would pay an upgrade fee it would need the GTN integration and of course dynamic lights. Also a better paintkit would be nice, as it is not as easy as others are.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Flight1 GTN integration, Dynamic lights, and Hideable yokes. Everything else would be a bonus"

+1. I'd buy just to support Aerosoft's generous upgrade pricing policies.

16 hours ago, flibinite said:

"Flight1 GTN integration, Dynamic lights, and Hideable yokes. Everything else would be a bonus"

Same here, and I'd purchase any P3Dv4 update for this aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's are just a few suggestions I have for the Twin Otter that may hopefully be brought to the FSX version also...hopefully.....

1. Improved engine simulation with proper beta range that allows you to taxi without constantly applying power and improved engine startup and shutdown. In other words, getting rid of the FSX/P3D limitations on turbo props as other developers have done.

2. Cockpit options that allow you to select whether you would like to have an AP unit and an array of GPS units (basically a cockpit configurator). The reason for this is that if a product only offer you one experience, it quickly looses its appeal after sometime. I know the that the aircraft used for this model has an AP, but it's safe to say that nearly the vast majority of Twin Otters do not.
3. Improved sound perhaps from TSS which is pretty good and it would also work well with an enhanced engine simulation. On another note, having enhanced cockpit sounds would really add to the immersion such as the sound of avionics, wind etc....The sound environment at the moment is a little too bland.

4. Cockpit effects such as shaking or vibration for takeoff and landing.

5. A proper fix to the ground friction issue.

SHould these updates come at a cost, I think it might be worth it to breathe some new life into an otherwise fantastic product that has to the potential to be on the same level as the Majestic Q400 as far as the flight model and engine simulation is concerned.

On 8/4/2017 at 1:24 PM, snapshot21 said:

All im wishing for is Flight1 GTN integration, Dynamic lights, and Hideable yokes. Everything else would be a bonus :) 

On 7/28/2017 at 4:48 PM, david.hilker said:

I was very happy to see, that the Twotter made it in P3D4 that quickly. That I would pay an upgrade fee it would need the GTN integration and of course dynamic lights. Also a better paintkit would be nice, as it is not as easy as others are.

Not only F1 GTN, but also GNS 530 please!

@Mathijs Kok

Am I understanding correctly that the recent release for P3Dv4 still doesn't have F1 support?

That's a great news!

Suggestions on my side:
- DHC-6-400: Glascockpit
- DHC-6-100: Ski only (as Kenn Borek Air uses in the Antarctic and Arctic)
- Compability to third party GPS systems

Sounds like I should get back to painting the TwOtter ;)

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:14 AM, Daniel Fürnkäß said:

That's a great news!

Suggestions on my side:
- DHC-6-400: Glascockpit
- DHC-6-100: Ski only (as Kenn Borek Air uses in the Antarctic and Arctic)
- Compability to third party GPS systems

Sounds like I should get back to painting the TwOtter ;)

I'd also suggest a 400 series with the Garmin cockpit. As far as I know it doesn't have synthetic vision so it "should" be overly complicated. If Carenado can deliver a "G1000" I'm sure Aerosoft can deliver a Garmin avionics suite for the 400 series. Again, this can all be sold separately or as an expansion but either way, the variety would be most welcome in keeping with continued development of this aircraft type in the real world.

-I would pay 10€ for (I Would even buy the whole package again for retail price if it helps)

-Bug Fixes

-GTN Integration

-Please consider adding the custom FDE and engine behaviour

An additioinal manual or small excerpt containing a TWotter bush Flyers manual would be great ..

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, MarkHurst said:

Well you could look here :)

Well, indeed recommendable (although it is a self promotion) ;)

Also available in german:
https://www.aerosoft.com/de/fsxp3d/buecherzeitschriften/978/twin-otter-extended-you-have-control-grundlagen-bedienung-und-verfahren?c=727

On 2017-08-08 at 2:48 AM, flibinite said:

This, along with connected flight deck would be my wishlist for a new update.

I'm a bit late to the party as I see you started this thread in July, so not sure if a decision has been reached, but I would definitely pay a 10-15€ upgrade fee depending on what features are added.

I might also add that Aerosoft forgot to add a secondary Attitude Indicator which is required for Twin Otters that fly both VFR and IFR. Not sure how this was missed in development but it would be realistic to have one.

5 hours ago, Caribpilot said:

I might also add that Aerosoft forgot to add a secondary Attitude Indicator which is required for Twin Otters that fly both VFR and IFR. Not sure how this was missed in development but it would be realistic to have one.

Back when it was developed we recreated the exact cockpit if the D-IVER. So what You see in the Twin Otter Extended cockpit is the exact same instruments than those found in the real world D-IVER.

The only extra instrument we placed was the GPS.

A secondary attitude indicator is, as far as I know, not required for IFR flights, but You have both the Cpt. and the FO instruments.

Definitely the thing she misses most - since years - is the integration of the Flight1 GNS530/430 (or as others have pointed out the GTN). Personally i could never make my mind up to buy her becaus of the lack of a semi real garmin - i kind of hoped the v4 release might be a chance to rethink that decision to not do it. Am almost sure there are quite a few people that held back so far, so to sum this up: lovely idea, i'll buy her right away if my garmin trainers appear in the vc finally.

21 hours ago, Finn said:

Back when it was developed we recreated the exact cockpit if the D-IVER. So what You see in the Twin Otter Extended cockpit is the exact same instruments than those found in the real world D-IVER.

The only extra instrument we placed was the GPS.

A secondary attitude indicator is, as far as I know, not required for IFR flights, but You have both the Cpt. and the FO instruments.

Was D-IVER used in commercial passenger ops? Most that are flying with airlines have a standby AI and I believe it's used as a backup and it uses a different power source in the event that the gyro powered AI fails. The benefit of this is obvious for flying in IFR conditions and you will find that most operators who fly both VFR and IR have a standby AI in the cockpit (some are even electronic)
The ones that don't have a standby AI tend to be those used mostly in VFR ops like skydiving or seaplane ops (at least from my observation). A quick search online on airliners.net for example will show the that not having a standby AI is an except rather than a norm.

8 hours ago, Harry46 said:

Definitely the thing she misses most - since years - is the integration of the Flight1 GNS530/430 (or as others have pointed out the GTN). Personally i could never make my mind up to buy her becaus of the lack of a semi real garmin - i kind of hoped the v4 release might be a chance to rethink that decision to not do it. Am almost sure there are quite a few people that held back so far, so to sum this up: lovely idea, i'll buy her right away if my garmin trainers appear in the vc finally.

I was able to integrate it this way in P3Dv3. It is fully clickable (surrounding buttons on a black bezier doesn't work, of course), but looks weird, yeah.

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

My whishes for a new version:

-VikingAir Series -400 (GlassCockpit, "Smart View", 3 Axis Autopilot etc)

-VistaLiner

-As said, Better Flight Dynamic and ground handling (Particularly Floats versions, I just can't dock my plane)

-Series -100 with Ski and IFG (Tundra Tires)

-Series -200

-Sky Dive

Other Eye candy option you can find :)

Regards,

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

I would pay *FULL* price again for the ability to have a GTN and/or GNS unit in the virtual cockpit. Heck, I'd be happy with a simple VC model that removes the default GPS 3D polygons and leaves a properly light mapped empty panel area for customizations of any type.

Archived