V 1.5 release date

DGB

Hi

I read that the problem with not being able to disable google earth (Nag) has been solved in version 1.5.

I wonder if you would please advise a likely release date for this update?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Update is planned to be released in july. BETA tests are done. Manual needs to be done...

Very good news. Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

It was released today by Aerosoft. That means that all stores have been automatically informed. It's now up to them to get it into their stores. I would allow them 1-2 days to do so...

Getting a number of issues with the version 1.5 of SimStarter:

1. Downloaded the v1.5 from Aerosoft website using the US mirror that was listed. After downloading and uninstalling my old 1.4.7 version of SimStarter, I installed the new version. However, after installation, I started SimStarter and it proclaimed itself version 1.4, and asked to update to v1.4.7. I tried downloading the 1.5 version from both the Germany mirror, and the other region server. Although the zip files and contained executable were the same size, a comparison of the executables showed that the US mirror downloaded was different from the other two. After installing the version from the Germany mirror, I did indeed get v1.5, and it now recognised the P3Dv4 installation. This suggests teh wrong file has been uploaded to the US server. However...
  2. Starting up the v1.5 version, and selecting P3Dv4, immediately gave an unhandled exception, where it claimed that it could not find C:\Aerosoft\...\platforms\P3Dv4\ASN.xml. Sure enough that file doesn't exist, but it shouldn't be needed since I'm using ASP4 for weather, which is a variant of AS16, not ActiveSkyNext.
  3. Continuing past this exception, I select ScenerySets and get another unhandled exception in that access to C:|Program Files(x86)\12BPilot\Sode\P3DV4\add-on.xml is denied. I checked the permissions on this file and all users have read/execute.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think it  would be easier for everyone if you would open your own topic instead of posting your support request in here where the title says "V 1.5 release date".

Archived