I have tried reinstalling the C++ 2015 x64 and x86 both the ones that come with PFPX and from Microsoft and still get this error when I try to start PFPX.

If the mfc140.dll is indeed missing try:

1. Downloading the 2015 Update 3 version x86 & x64 linked HERE
  2. Reboot
  3. Temporariliy disable anti-virus and uninstall the 2015 vcredit x86 and x64 via windows programs and features
  4. Reboot
  5. With anti-virus disabled install the downloaded files with elevated admin permission

Reboot and check PFPX to see if the visual basic issue is resolved

On 7/18/2017 at 2:34 AM, srcooke said:

If the mfc140.dll is indeed missing try:

1. Downloading the 2015 Update 3 version x86 & x64 linked HERE
  2. Reboot
  3. Temporariliy disable anti-virus and uninstall the 2015 vcredit x86 and x64 via windows programs and features
  4. Reboot
  5. With anti-virus disabled install the downloaded files with elevated admin permission

Reboot and check PFPX to see if the visual basic issue is resolved

I have followed these exact steps multiple times and still encounter this problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Which of the links given in the above linked topic have you used to download and install the VC++ Redist Package from?

Open the following link: 

1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

UPDATE 03.06.2017: At least at the moment Microsoft has removed the above download from their website. But the release candidate of that package is still available and should work just fine as well:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=52685

The first link is working again and should be used. In there the mfc140.dll has a time stamp 25.06.2016.

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Which of the links given in the above linked topic have you used to download and install the VC++ Redist Package from?

The first link is working again and should be used. In there the mfc140.dll has a time stamp 25.06.2016.

Oops ok I will tyr that out

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived