FS9 Supercub

wilkin52

Hey there,

Just a small question. Is there an easy way to make the tailwheel on the supercub turn more? It seems that the craft has the widest turning circle of any small GA even with the diff brakes.

Thanks,

Dan.

G'Day Dan

Forgive me if this sounds stupid. But are you applying any power when you try to turn? Tailwheels are not the easiest things to turn on a good day. With a little power and Differential braking, they will turn on a dime (the Real Supercub will). With a little engine power, you are creating a stronger slip stream over the Rudder which in turn, gives the rudder more authority on the ground. Just be careful not to give it to much or you will be doing 360's in it.

Ryan, thanks for replying, however I am indeed using power to turn but that often makes the turn even wider as i causes 'understeer' if that term applies to planes.

I thought maybe a little alteration in the cfg or air file might do the job, just need to know where to look.

Cheers,

Dan.

Hello Dan,

Can certainly turn the Super Cub on the runway at KSEA no problem, when steering don't over rev it as it won't steer to good and will go very wide, keep them down and just enough to turn.

Thanks for the tips Shaun, although turning at the larger strips is no drama, I'm talking gravel bars and beaches. I have a Scout, Maule et al which will all turn on a sixpence, I just find the cub a little reluctant to turn in comparison, hence my question about modifying the tailwheel turning ability.

Cheers,

Dan.