P3Dv4 Aspen Extended OOM and then this...

mikeb1028

I just purchased Aspen Extended from Simmarket because I received errors from the Aerosoft site when trying to checkout.

I installed Aspen Extended for P3Dv4 and when I selected KASE/Aspen from the airport list, P3D crashed (CTD) with an Out of Memory error.  Additional tries just resulted in P3D exiting (CTD).

I deactivated the scenery in the scenery.cfg file and reloaded P3D.  I then went to P3D default scenery KASE/Aspen.  I activated Aerosoft Aspen Extended in the Scenery Library menu.  I noticed Aspen Extended was near the top of the list but Aspen Extended Altitude was at the bottom.  I moved the "Altitude" area to the top just below Aspen Extended.  I'm not sure if this is correct.

The scenery loaded.  However, there seems to be an elevation problem now (attached image).  I have not flown around this area yet other than to take this photo.   I do not know if the scenery is installed correctly or not.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Mike

Please login to display this image.

[UPDATE]  I tried flying out of KASE with the default Baron 58 starting at RWY 33.  After rolling, the aircraft appeared several feet in the air then crashed.  I started near the middle of the runway and same thing - start rolling then suddenly I'm several feet in the air and crashing to the ground.  This continued until I had no more runway left.  There was nothing visible on the runway except these three vertical things (attached photo) near the landing zone end of RWY 33.

??

Mike

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, mikeb1028 said:

Aspen Extended was near the top of the list but Aspen Extended Altitude was at the bottom.

This behaviuor is correct, what other addons do you have installed?

8 hours ago, mopperle said:

This behaviuor is correct, what other addons do you have installed?

I have several other sceneries installed, FlyTampa, FSDT, etc.  I also use EZDok, AS/ASCA for weather, Orbx Global Base pack.

I will put Aspen Extended Altitude back at the bottom of scenery.cfg.  But I had the same results as in the image which is why I tried to reorder it manually.

Mike

[UPDATE v2]

I uninstalled, re-installed Aspen Extended and updated ORBX libraries (not sure if related).  Flying now, looks very good, no issues.

Thanks!

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

As noted in several other situations similar to this one, it's crucial that when you update Orbx sceneries, you include the Orbx Library if a new one shows as available in FTX Central. If updating Orbx Library doesn't resolve the issue, follow that with removing and reinstalling the scenery through FTX Central.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• 4 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Please do not hijack others topic with a complete different issue, but open your own topic and describe your problem a bit more detaile, e.g. which sim you are using.

Archived