Madeira X Evolution 1.05 Crash (CTD)

Flightplayer

I uninstalled v1.04 and installed v1.05 on P3D v3.4.

Now when I select Madeira or Porto Santo on the main P3D menu, as soon as I click Fly Now, my sim crashes to desktop.

I checked for remaining SODE files and saw there were none left from 1.04. I also made sure there were no leftovers from 1.04 prior to installing 1.05.

I tried reinstalling SODE with no success.

My sim only loads when I disable LPMA and LPPS on the Scenery Library. Also tried disabling all other scenery except LPMA and LPPS and it still crashes.

I don't use any custom mesh addon like Orbx FTX.

Thank you.

Hi - I had the same problem yesterday and found the culprit in my case today: FSDTs scenery KJFK V2 (when active) causes the CTD. This scenery  is not shown in the scenery.cfg but in the sceneryaddons.xml and the addons.cfg, so it must be deactivated manually (changing Active=true into active=false).

3 hours ago, BT318 said:

Hi - I had the same problem yesterday and found the culprit in my case today: FSDTs scenery KJFK V2 (when active) causes the CTD. This scenery  is not shown in the scenery.cfg but in the sceneryaddons.xml and the addons.cfg, so it must be deactivated manually (changing Active=true into active=false).

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, we have found several issues with the new method of adding scenery to the sim and will not use it as this moment.

Sorry are you talking about P3D v3 or v4? I'm having this issue on v3. Thanks

EDIT: Now that I think about it. Is the 1.05 update ONLY for P3D v4 or can I use it on v3? :P

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes that update is ONLY for V4, we tried to make that as clear as possible.

Ok sorry about that then. I'll use v1.04 on P3D v3 and 1.05 on P3D v4. Thanks

vor 8 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Okay, we have found several issues with the new method of adding scenery to the sim and will not use it as this moment.

Hi Mathijs,

I have just returned to the "old fashioned style" of scenery.cfg (using a freewaretool for building this file as a merged file from the scenery.cfg and the addon.cfg / *.XML). Than deleting all entries in die addon*.XML-files, *.cfg-files and C:\user\mydocuments\Prepar3d V4 Addons (leaving bronco, FSDT Manager and Sode in there Position). Now even with ativated FSDT KJFK V2 everything runs as ist should - no CTDs and no weird textures.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As said, Lockheed has some work todo there. Also the fact it is not possible to change the order of scenery makes using the new method not very attractive. 

Sorry could you read my post above? Thank you!

Archived