P3Dv4 Twin Otter Controls

jotayhen

Great Aircraft!  I really appreciate the new P3Dv4 update version!  I've been flying the wheels version with no problems at all.  I shifted to the amphib and float versions this morning and found a problem.  When I move the left engine's throttle I hear a voice announcing, " I think I'll disengage the staub????".  Additionally, both the left and right engine prop pitch levers automatically move to full fine and refuse to allow me to move them back either via my assigned levers or my mouse.  My levers succeed in moving the throttles and conditioners for both engines without any problems other than triggering the voice mentioned above.  

I use a Saitek control yoke, throttle quad and trim wheel and a CH rudder pedals unit.

Any help and/or suggestions on how to correct the above would be appreciated!

Thanks!

John

It's the starter locks or something along those lines on the amphibious and float models. I think you have to move the throttles into full reverse then normal to unlock them. The procedure is in the manual.

Thank you gentlemen.  I stand before you with egg on my face.  I very much appreciate your quick response.  Again, this jewel is a joy to fly and I really appreciate the work that went into producing such a wonderful aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived