Hello,

The following hotfix solves several issues, especially

- wind optimize issue

- crash issues on start up

- inflght button

- alternate airport for Vatsim flight plan

We decided to release a hotfix to be sure that solved issues are verified.

Note: this is not a full installer, but a replacement of the original PFPX.exe file. Unzip the file and place it into the following directory:

c:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\

Important: PFPX requires 'Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86'.

Best regards,

Judith&Christian

PFPX Hotfix 1.28.9c.zip

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I use PFPX on a regular basis and starting today it crashes randomly. At some points it is reproducible, e.g. using the route editor and clicking on find...

Clicking on “Add flight” gives me the usual window, but without the icon menu, thus I can't start a new flight.

I used version 1.28. Reinstallation didn't make it better. The hotfix didn't make it any better.

Thanks

Oliver

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you are saying that the problem showed up first after installing the hotifx 1.28.9c the first time? 

And reinstalling the previous release version didn't fixed it again?

Is that correct?

Sorry for not being clear.

No the problem "suddenly" appeared without changing anything regards the PFPX installation.

Of course, I installed windows updates, new PMDG updates.... So, something must have caused it.

Reinstalling version 1.28 or installing the hotfix was just an attempt to solve the issue.

Oliver

I just checked what I've installed in the last days. What I updated was the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86. Now version 14.0.24123 is installed.

Could this be the root cause?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad to read that! But please, next time do not just post your problem into the nearest open topic even if it's clearly not related, but open your own topic ;) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes. It replaces the existing pfpx.exe file. It is good practice to backup the existing file before applying the hotfix.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:32 PM, Richard McDonald Woods said:

The Route Export page requires an entry for P3Dv4, please.

Or you could just set the Prepar3D directory to where P3D v4 files are 

• Deputy Sheriffs

And as Judith stated in her post, this is just a hotfix to get the existing bugs fixed and verified from the field. A new version with also new features will follow later.

I noticed that "Ignore route charges" option has been added in route construction dialog. This feature is not documented, could you explain it's usage? It's great to see such enhancements.

Also, is it possible to define runways for custom airfields (i.e. it is possible to define properties of custom airfields - entry/exit points, etc, but not actual rwys)?

Froze for me on random payload I had loaded everything but the payload, created the plan and then pressed "random" and the screen froze.

It's really great to see you guys @FlightSimSoft.com continuing to add new features and updates. Is it possible you could perhaps add airport ground radar so for example make it so we can see what taxiway we are on and it shows the plane live on the ground? So like a taxiway map for instance! :) 

Thanks!

From my understanding PFPX was never intended to be used in-flight (apart from actual printed OFPs), this is flight planning tool and there are still a lot of flight planning features to be added/refined.

On 7/5/2017 at 1:41 PM, FlightSimSoft.com said:

Hello,

The following hotfix solves several issues, especially

- wind optimize issue

- crash issues on start up

- inflght button

- alternate airport for Vatsim flight plan

We decided to release a hotfix to be sure that solved issues are verified.

Note: this is not a full installer, but a replacement of the original PFPX.exe file. Unzip the file and place it into the following directory:

c:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\

Important: PFPX requires 'Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86'.

Best regards,

Judith&Christian

PFPX Hotfix 1.28.9c.zip

Thank you there is a small temperature font bug after // +27

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, gear up and off said:

Freezing on "random" payload option! Help.

Pleased provide a screenshot of the planing page, fromLogin which all details are visible you have selected prior to hitting them payload button. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Paul,

what exactly is your question? This hotfix was announced here in this topic and is used by FlightSimSoft to validate a few bugfixes. Once they are validated FlightSimSoft will release a complete new version, as they wrote in the first post of this topic.

EDIT: Sorry, now I got your question. The build in update check only notifies about new version, not about hotfixes. Once FlightSimSoft will release a new version (i.e. something that comes with it's own installer and not just a file to be replaced manually) you will get a notification within PFPX.

Tom,

We're still missing the WIND/TURB option while printing the flight plan, I wonder why you guys removed such a great feature as it was a nice to have.

I checked the flight plan thinking maybe the TURB now included as numbers but was disappointed too, please bring this option back!

Archived