Ciampino crash in P3D V4

Midnight Music

I'm getting a crash in P3D V4 with the new Ciampino scenery. If I de-activate the scenery, P3D is fine, if I activate it P3D crashes. I have several new Aerosoft sceneries for P3D V4 which work fine. Details are W7, latest Nvidia drivers, P3D hotfix 4.1 applied, scenery administrator installed. Any thoughts or help will be greatly appreciated. Here is the log:

Lee

Prepar3D.exe
      594a7255
      ntdll.dll
      5915fdce
      c0000374
      00000000000bf3e2
      1a6c
      01d2f1afcd99ed95
      C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
      210fe235-5da3-11e7-be27-d050991b3d89

Unfortunately, the P3D logging doesn't help because the crash occurs during initial P3D loading. What I suspect is a rogue file in the Ciampino scenery that is incompatible with P3D V4.1. It wouldn't be a problem for P3D V3.4 or FSX. But the newer 4.1 version is quite intolerant of incompatible files, especially if it is an older FS9 SDK file.

Lee

Hi Midnight Music.

There are no FS9 SDK files, every version is compilated with the native SDK.

The P3Dv4 Version is compilated with v4 SDK. Every BGL file was compilated from source using this SDK.

What's your SODE version? Did you install only the v4 version or other versions too? What's addon do you have activate? What is the position in the scenery list? What meshes did you use?

Regards.

Diego.

Hi Diego,

I only have FTX Global and Europe LC from ORBX installed. No other meshes etc. The SODE version is 1.5.3 As far as position on the scenery list, Ciampino is near the top. Do you think that a complete re-installation of SODE might help? SODE is working fine in recent installs of Trondheim and Bergen from Aerosoft.

Lee

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is FSUIPC the latest?

Can you exclude any other install? I had for example a strange reason for crashing P3Dv4. In P3Dv3 I had running RAAS Pro. With install of PMDG 747 64bit it registered and installed RAAS Pro inside v4. Since that was still 32bit, my sim was constantly crashing. It took a while to figure out.

If you disable the scenery, does it load OK then? Just to make sure i.e. AI traffic is not causing an issue?

Yes, if I disable Ciampino, P3D V4 loads fine. It's only when that scenery is on that I get the crash. It's very odd, I can't figure this one out. I tried re-installing SODE, but no change.

Masterhawk, your thought about it conflicting with another program is a good one. I will experiment with that.

Lee

I'm trying an experiment. I've shut off all Aerosoft sceneries except Ciampino and P3D V4 loads Ciampino just fine. I will now load each Aerosoft scenery one at a time and see what happens. There could be a conflict between two sceneries, this is the only way to find out. I tried AI on and off, but it made no difference.

Lee

Okay, I may have solved this one by un-installing all the Aerosoft sceneries and starting over installing them one by one. Something must have glitched in one of the installs and P3D V4 did not like it. Now everything seems to be normal. Very odd, but there you are.

Lee

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived