Preview: FlorenceX

• Aerosoft

This is scheduled for release end of next week and it has been a great hit this week on our systems in the office. More details after the weekend.

This release will be for FSX only (uh please, don't start about that unless you tell me how much FS2004 products you intend to buy Xmas 2008, 'cause that is when we still intend to sell the FSX products we are releasing now. )

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Mathijs,

For some reason, I could never get decent framerates with you "Cape Canaveral X" scenery.

Is this of the same caliber :?:

yes it is and yes it was (don't ask)

But we got an issue to solve so I am not 100% sure about the release date now.

Makes sense that this is of the Cloud9 genre then because from the aerial shots, it looks very much like it was designed by Cloud9 when you compare it to Cloud9's "Rome" for FSX....

• Aerosoft

Makes sense that this is of the Cloud9 genre then because from the aerial shots, it looks very much like it was designed by Cloud9 when you compare it to Cloud9's "Rome" for FSX....

Well it IS designed by the same developers, just not for Cloud9. we are working around thew clock to make the Friday release date.

The developers from cloud9 are the only ones who really know how to do a city scenery based on photoreal ground. Whether it's Venice, Rome, Pisa or Florence: That's how you should do it!

• Aerosoft
The developers from cloud9 are the only ones who really know how to do a city scenery based on photoreal ground. Whether it's Venice, Rome, Pisa or Florence: That's how you should do it!

Well, at this moment you better not call them Cloud9 developers. They are now using the Virtuali name. Venice is not done by them btw, that's Andras Kozma, one of our most loyal developers. He is now on his third version of Venice and I am proud to be involved in all of them.

What will be the same is that we will use the complete demo mode of the scenery as used by Cloud9. So you will be able to try the scenery completely before spending a cent/penny on it.

What will be the same is that we will use the complete demo mode of the scenery as used by Cloud9. So you will be able to try the scenery completely before spending a cent/penny on it.

That is so sweet!

As always, you all at Aerosoft is taking care of us!

Thanks guys!

I guess I'll have to blow the dust off of my copy of FSX now! :lol:

Well, at this moment you better not call them Cloud9 developers. They are now using the Virtuali name.

I definitely won't ask...... :shock:

Hi!

Sorry, but I have to post this message because most FS Users still own the FS 2004 and are not able to invest another 1500 Euro for a new PC or they don't want to fly at a lower level of detail than before in FS 2004.

PLEASE CREATE A FS2004-COMPATIBLE VERSION!

Greetings,

Craig

Please read:

This release will be for FSX only (uh please, don't start about that unless you tell me how much FS2004 products you intend to buy Xmas 2008, 'cause that is when we still intend to sell the FSX products we are releasing now. )

And there is already an FS9 version!

• Aerosoft
Hi!

Sorry, but I have to post this message because most FS Users still own the FS 2004 and are not able to invest another 1500 Euro for a new PC or they don't want to fly at a lower level of detail than before in FS 2004.

PLEASE CREATE A FS2004-COMPATIBLE VERSION!

Greetings,

Craig

Sorry but we won't. If you tell me you'll buy a few hundred copies we'll gladly do it but the market is just not there. I keep telling it every time, these are products that should sell for 2 years and I assure you nobody will buy a FS2004 add-on in 12 months from now.

The additional costs to do a FS2004 version is just too high to justify. Development for FSX is a lot less expensive than for FS2004 and we would just hate to loose the additional features of FSX. If I just delete the specular and bumpmaps from the current FSX release a lot of objects look flat, lifeless, dare I say it... yes FS2004 like.

• Aerosoft
Please read:

And there is already an FS9 version!

Well there is a FS2004 version that is fully based on FS2002 standard. Besides, just look at it:

fs2002.jpg

fsx.jpg

With all respect, you can not compare the two without at least a lot of tongue in cheek. And the FS2004 version is sold by a company that has not updated it's website since somewhere in 2005 and has not send out a support email in the last 18 months (if not longer).

If anybody prefers the FS2004 version they got different taste then I got (or hardware as old as that version). Forgot to show the fps, but I run FlorenceX with my default settings (20 fps) and there was clearly time enough for the sim to calculate additional views because I could jump from view to view without any delay.

I think you misunderstand Mathijs, I was just stating that there is an FS9 version already available so it would be pointless to release another. My post was in reply to the one above it :wink:

Looks great, but I hope it will install and work properly under MS VISTA.

I'm happy to report the new improved version of the Addon Manager that will be distributed with FlorenceX, not only works with Vista, but it's now 100% Vista compatibile, because it can be used regardless of DEP or UAC settings.

And, not only that, we just finished the latest tests, and found out that it works even under Vista 64 bit!