Throttle Setting

Is there any way in FSX to set the middle of the throttle as Idle, so I can use reverse with my HOTAS? I am currently using the Thrustmaster Hotas X, which does have a 'notch' in the middle to indicate the centre.

• 1 month later...

I use a combination of LINDA (Free Button Tool) and FSUIPC. Both together have altered the way I can use my HOTAS in such an incredible way. FSUIPC's Filter Option is awesome and with LINDA and the Twin Otter Module getting all essential functions onto the stick and throttle is a breeze. I also dug up a thrust reverse on button press LUA script in the FSUIPC's forums. IIRC I had to fiddle around a bit to get it working with one button as it was written to work with thrust levers that have a button on each of their ends, but I managed to get that to work. Now I just fully pull down throttle, push the button. Move the throttle forward and it will now thrust reverse until I pull the throttle down fully again or push the button again. Works great for me.

As this is not my lua script I will not post it here for I can give no credit to the initial author. Just tell me if you have FSUIPC and want to try it out. Then I'll try to find the original script on the web and post my changes.

Archived