Aerosoft shop downloads issue EU vs USA?

Rob Ainscough

Not sure if this is the correct place to post since it's no support, but I couldn't find any other forum that addresses support issues with the Aerosoft Shop web site.  Feel free to move this question/issue if not appropriate here.

After my purchases from the Aerosoft Shop, when I come to select a download source, since I'm in the US (CA) I select "Mirror USA".  Download works just fine, BUT, when I come to unzip the download I get header errors and CRC errors.  I've used several different tools to get my downloads (download manager, Chrome, IE, Edge) but there is no difference, still get the same error when I come to unzip the file.

HOWEVER, if I select "Mirror EU", download works fine and the file unzips fine with no errors.  If I select "Mirror World" that will work also, it's just "Mirror USA" that causes the un-compression errors from the Zip file.  Is there something different about the Mirror USA server or the file on that server?

Cheers, Rob.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, the problems with the US Mirrors seemed to be caused by orange Donald. checking what is entering the US. ;)

To be serious, there seems to be a problem with the synchronisation. Is being checked, but difficult to figure out, as the same technology applies to all mirrors and as you mentioned EU and World works.

Aerosoft have their own forum where you can post issues like this as well. Maybe that's the most transparant track when you want to address things like this. ;-)

Grtz., Hans

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Kaashaas said:

Aerosoft have their own forum where you can post issues like this as well. Maybe that's the most transparant track when you want to address things like this. ;-)

This is the Aerosoft forum ;) 

• Aerosoft

As the files are on different servers they are of course different files. If there is one that is corrupt just let us know and we'll check it. As you will understand there hundreds of files being updated at this moment and it remains all bits and bytes, they can go wrong.

Hi Mathijs and others,

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately the file issue with Mirror USA is in most cases always a problem (90% of the time).  So much of a problem that I use Mirror EU (which BTW seems to be just as fast in downloading as Mirror USA) and don't use Mirror USA except when I occasionally try them to see if anything has changed.  Note: this issue has been going on for years, it's not recent.

I can make a list of my purchases and 90% of that list will have UnZip problems.

I'm not sure why the files (at a binary level) would be different from server to server?  Shouldn't they be identical?  Unless your process is to take the source files and compress/zip the files separately at various locations around the globe and then from those locations you upload to the server?  If that is accurate, then it could be the compression process used for USA servers.

I doubt the Orange orangutan has any influence, he's for the most part ineffective at accomplishing anything other the drumming up fear and making stuff up with "alternative facts".

This is not really a "complaint", more of an FYI.  I'll continue to use the Mirror EU servers as my source of files (fast enough for me here in CA), but it does beg the question why have Mirror US at all if it's not a reliable source of downloads (save you some money if you dropped them).

Cheers, Rob. 

Just confirming what Rob is experiencing. Same here. The US servers generate a zip file that is not CRC ok'ed most of the time. In the past weeks, I have downloaded GB's of files (mostly updates for V4 actually) and they all went to garbage because of a bad CRC check. Took me a while to figure the EU ones are 100% ok.

Cheers

Archived