Do 27 Transponder

bjablonka

I have the problem that the transponder does not work anymore once I start an engine. I tried starting with all electric off, it does not make any difference. i had it repaired about a dozen times. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Bernd

I wish it would be that easy, as I said in my post, I had it repaired about a dozen times., but every time I start the engine it breaks and I cannot switch it on, same with Com1. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Hello Bernd,

The manual states that the radio circuit breaker must be off when starting and stopping the engine. It contains com1 and the transponder

Sounds like you are getting power spikes and damaging the electronics

Hope this helps

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response, however, everything except for the battery switch is turned off when I start the engine. Today I had the Com1/transponder repaired again, left the engine off and tried to get ATC clearance. It worked for about 30 seconds, then the switch was broken again, even with the engine off. Do I have a faulty installation?