Ligtning + F1 GTN 750

Hi,

I know it's unrealistic in this aircraft to navigate along a flight plan with pilot auto following a GPS, so, I hope that nobody will feel offended...

The GTN autopilot option (in the GTN Config program>>>GTN750 UNIT 1) must be set to "Heading Hold" not "Nav".
I just made a flight there is 5', it works perfectly with the Lightning AP !

This is how I proceed :
1/Set your GTN like described above ("Heading Hold")
2/Fill your flight plan like usual.
3/After take off put the GTN on "Gps". Important the source must be the GTN, not FSX.
4/Lightning master auto pilot ON + stick auto pilot ON then engage heading. That's all.

At the arrival if you want to use the ILS function and  with the condition of also loading the flight plan in Fsx just right click on the blue button at the top left of the GTN (GTN source>>>source simu=the AP Lightning have control to follow the Loc and Glide) . Similarly if you want the GTN pilot the aircraft again, you right click on that same blue button (source simu>>>GTN source=GTN have control).

Hope this help.

Regards,

Thanks for that info Richard , and no offence taken I can assure you :D .  

If you select  FD instead of AP on the stick switch does the bead indicate your height and heading to fly ?

1 hour ago, wingman5 said:

If you select  FD instead of AP on the stick switch does the bead indicate your height and heading to fly ?

About the heading I think it's ok, don't know for the height. I will test/check and report.

Regards,

15 hours ago, wingman5 said:

I wrote in my previous message the bead indicates the heading to fly with FD... It seems I was wrong, the bead not indicates nothing (no height and no heading to fly) with FD selected instead AP.

Regards,

Archived