Flight Keeper in P3D v4 works

exploreall

I managed to get Flight Keeper 3.5 working in P3D V4 by using registered version of FSUIPC5

It does not record the departure or arrival airports as it did in P3D v3 or the flight plan

In P3D v3 the airport database didn't work but that was easy to ignore

In v4 the flight path is at least recorded and airports take a couple of seconds to enter manually before saving the flight

However the airport codes are no longer shown on the map even though they are in

Anyone else have similar experience with Flight Keeper in P3D v4?

Noticed last night that flight plan is not being exported to Active Sky for v4 either

Peter from FSUIPC is away on holidays a few days so maybe he has some answers

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am still using FSFK 3.5.1 and on the whole it is working with P3D v.4.1. It records the flights including the IVAO codes of departure and arrival airports. The airport codes are shown in the map. But there are three restrictions, maybe because I use unregistered FSUIPC instead of registered one in former FSX:

1. When connecting FSFK with Simulator a message is shown: unexpected version of simulator, warnig for unnormal effects. When pressing OK it takes much more time to establish the connection.

2. On ground FSFK does not report the path (red line), so taxi and parking is not represented on the map.

3. Airborne path is represented, but the intervals of reported points are very large. So the flightpath is not shown accurate, that is unfortunate concerning the procedures of departure and arrival.

It's not perfect and I hope for resolving, but I am lucky to continue my personal database of nearly 1200 flights since 2004. Other features of FSFK other than logging the flights are unimportant for me and not tested.

I would also love to see an updated version of FSFK, I would pay for it. FSFK has been the one and only addon that I used for every flight since it came out.

Like flight4 I am interested in the logging functionality "only" (times!, fuel weights, flightpath). It doesn't have to have  all the details logged (like ADF1, 2 and 3 frequencies, oil quantity...), and things like AirTV or the map gauge I never used.

So basically a slim version of FSFK for P3D would be much much much loved :wub:

• 1 month later...

I wrote an email to Mr. Molitor with the question whether he will update this program or not. I am waiting for half a year for an answer.

This program I believe is sentence to death. It is really a strong program but only for FSX or below. It is a pitty

kitty.hawk

According to this post by Mathijs there is at least some communication with the developer of FSFK going on :-)

Is there anything you guys can tell us about the status or future of FSFK (in limbo, might get worked on, is being worked on...)?

Anything would be greatly appreciated.... love FSFK!

Best regards

Raffael

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 3:31 PM, 2302ts said:

According to this post by Mathijs there is at least some communication with the developer of FSFK going on :-)

I believe the developer he refered to was HiFiSim rather than Thomas Molitor

Its been a few years since Thomas Molitor has shown up anywhere

If this is not correct then perhaps someone from Aerosoft can enlighten us

On 10/22/2017 at 7:56 PM, flight4 said:

I am still using FSFK 3.5.1 and on the whole it is working with P3D v.4.1. It records the flights including the IVAO codes of departure and arrival airports. The airport codes are shown in the map. But there are three restrictions, maybe because I use unregistered FSUIPC instead of registered one in former FSX:

1. When connecting FSFK with Simulator a message is shown: unexpected version of simulator, warnig for unnormal effects. When pressing OK it takes much more time to establish the connection.

2. On ground FSFK does not report the path (red line), so taxi and parking is not represented on the map.

3. Airborne path is represented, but the intervals of reported points are very large. So the flightpath is not shown accurate, that is unfortunate concerning the procedures of departure and arrival.

Its interesting how your FSFK is working differently from mine with P3D v4,1

I get the same warning message but that can be ignored and although with v4,0 it was taking a long time to connect now it connects within seconds

Mine records the taxiing but initially no airport data. Tried several times to get it working before but it failed. Now seeing it works for you I tried it just now and it works for me too!

Flight path is very accurate, there is an option to select how often the position is recorded

I would like to see this app updated as there is nothing at all to replace it.

Perhaps like PTA, the developer of FSFK could sell the rights to someone who has the time to update it!

On 29.12.2017 at 15:03, exploreall sagte:

Tried several times to get it working before but it failed. Now seeing it works for you I tried it just now and it works for me too!

Already good news - for the time being...

Did you try to install the ACARS device also?

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Did you try to install the ACARS device also?

Never bothered with Acars device as the flight route on the map is my main desire

I have FS map too from Thomas but now its dead. I use planes with GPS or my Flight1 Garmin which opens in a separate window

I have been using Flight Keeper since 2002 or when ever it first came out

I remember using some other flight recorder but as soon as FSFK came out I jumped to it because it was much better

Sadly nothing else even comes close that is why I suggested to Aerosoft that it comes to life again either from original developer or someone who is passionate about continuing it

• 1 month later...

Any news whether the ACARS device is working in P3D v4? I'm finally planning to switch from FSX to P3Dv4 but I'm hesitating since I can't imagine flying without the ACARS device of FlightKeeper. What I especially liked is that it shows the active runways at departure and arrival airport, very convenient to plan ahead and pick the right SID and STAR. Never found another add-on capable of doing this.

Best regards

draci

Archived