Vendor not providing airport scenry updates

JustanotherPilot

Hi,

I have several Aerosoft Airports purchased from another Vendor, they are not providing updates or answering any emails. If I provide proof of purchase, can I download the updates from Aerosoft direct.

Steve S

• Aerosoft

We have to careful about this. These shop get a part of the money you pay to handle the sales process and the delivery. Now if we have to handle that for thousands of customers it's a cost that we are not getting reimbursed for in any way and that eats into our, and our developers, profit margin. And do not  underestimate the cost of handling big FTP servers. 

We'll handle this on a case by case base, your first call should always be to the shop you bought the product. If they are unwilling to assist you (after giving them some time) talk to us. But there are no promises. We will contact the shops to tell them they simply have to support their customers.

And if we might be so bold, this is a good time to find out which shops are professional and which are not. For us, but also for customers.

I've discontinued my association with The Flightsim Store. I can't continue with the current lack of customer service. 

I'll be purchasing from Aerosoft directly in the future to ensure I'm not locked out of any future updates. The Aerosoft titles I've purchased through FSS will have to be purchased again. So be it.

Lesson learned.

Steve

I have the same issues with PCAviator Australia. I bought Ibiza X Evolution at that shop and they still have version 1.01 on the download page!!! I contacted them via their support system and email to no avail. No answers, nothing. So I'm stuck with an old version which I cannot install into P3Dv4. Very unhappy customer here...

By the way: I also contacted Aerosoft support with the issue. First they told me that I can access the updated installer after registering the product in the support database. But there is no way to register Ibiza X Evo. I got back to them and never heard back. I understand the point that others make the profit, but you should certainly think about stopping sales at these unreliable shops if Aerosoft itself is not willing to help. In the end, I purchased an Aerosoft product and now I'm an extremely unhappy customer. Leaves a bad taste with Aerosoft as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Aerosoft has already confirmed a few posts up to sort the problem out with that shop. Why does it leave a bad taste with Aerosoft then in your mind? 

vor 6 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Aerosoft has already confirmed a few posts up to sort the problem out with that shop. Why does it leave a bad taste with Aerosoft then in your mind? 

Because it still has not been sorted out. I'm supposed to enjoy the product and not run after shops or the publisher to get an updated installer. And honestly, I don't see the problem why Aerosoft cannot implement I mechanism for external customers to register their products and make installers available. There are many examples of developers who provide installers regardless of where you bought the product. E.g. Flightbeam, FS Dreamteam, Hifi, etc.

PS: The post above only talked about Flightsimstore. That's a different shop.

10 hours ago, ffm777 said:

Because it still has not been sorted out. I'm supposed to enjoy the product and not run after shops or the publisher to get an updated installer. And honestly, I don't see the problem why Aerosoft cannot implement I mechanism for external customers to register their products and make installers available. There are many examples of developers who provide installers regardless of where you bought the product. E.g. Flightbeam, FS Dreamteam, Hifi, etc.

PS: The post above only talked about Flightsimstore. That's a different shop.

In the future buy direct at the Aerosoft shop, for downloads the entire world is your local shop. :mellow:

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, ffm777 said:

I don't see the problem why Aerosoft cannot implement I mechanism for external customers to register their products and make installers available.

Because we pay the external shops to take care of this. I know other companies do it different but that is mainly because they work on a very different scale. While it may be a few dozens of downloads for then, it will be thousands for us. And believe me, FTP servers are not cheap.

Again, if you buy at a shop they are responsible for getting you the updates. You have a sales contract with them, not with us. What we are doing is checking how shops react to this and might change our contracts with them.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:14 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we got the same reports and will be in touch with them.

FlightSimStore have still failed to make available P3D v4 capable installers of Aerosoft titles.

If this level of support is indicative of their business then potential customers should be made aware so at least they have a choice to receive support from a professional company (ie. Aerosoft).

Steve

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I'll try to contact them tomorrow.

Would be great if you could try to contact PC Aviator Australia, too. Thanks!

Archived