Panels font issue

chilly

Greetings,

I had the same problem with quartz.ttf font as is described in another topic 

Nothing helped. I tried font reinstall and reboot.

Finally, I have found this topic and it worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-font-settings-in-windows-10/e3739be7-31e0-4dcd-aa52-2f662e1b8fcf

I'm still not sure what scenario lead to this situation. After release of P3DV4 the numbers were fine.

Believe it or not, after night the issue is back. Tried the same trick but it didn't help.

I can normally use font in MS Word but panels stay black. :-(

Here's some hint.

I have found steps how to make the font work again but only till next reboot. :-) Tried several times.

Just FYI I have windows creators update installed.

1. Goto Windows font settings. (Settings -> Time&language -> Additional date, time & regional settings -> Region -> Administrative tab -> Language for non-Unicode programs
  2. Now change system locale. In my case I'm switching Czech (Czech Republic) <=> English (United States)
  3. Reboot windows
  4. Start prepard3 several times. The font is working.
  5. Reboot windows
  6. Start prepard3 several times. Panels are black. NO font.
  7. GOTO STEP 1

It doesn't matter if I'm switching from Eng to Cze or vice versa. The result is always the same.

I have the same issue with the fonts not working after rebooting. But I found this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-creators-update-gibberish-in-some-apps/3afb363d-eaab-49df-a681-b999797fda41

Look at the answer and verify that you got that update installed, it might not help at all but I will look at it when I get home.

I fixed mine by rebuilding the font cache, using the attached .bat file. Check if the font in your P3d/ font folder are installed in windows/Font, if not, install them; then Launch the .bat  file as administrator and reboot. I am using Win10 64 Bits.

Rebuild_Font_Cache.bat

Hi all,

No other provision should be made other than installing this update of Windows 10: windows10.0-kb4020102-x64_9d406340d67caa80a55bc056e50cf87a2e7647ce.msu.

You can download it here officially here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4020102

Installing it, for example, my Twin Otter returned to show the figures here:

Please login to display this image.

Cheers,

The windows update mentioned above would not run on my computer ("This update is not applicable to your computer"), but my computer did update itself earlier today and it seems the font issue in the Twotter is fixed, I hope, although it still will not recognise an ILS signal for some reason.

(KB4022725) (KB4022730) (KB4022405) (KB4020821) are the updates that were applied to my computer.(Win 64bit, version 1703)

1 hour ago, fyrakoto said:

I fixed mine by rebuilding the font cache, using the attached .bat file. Check if the font in your P3d/ font folder are installed in windows/Font, if not, install them; then Launch the .bat  file as administrator and reboot. I am using Win10 64 Bits.

Rebuild_Font_Cache.bat

Yes. I found this script here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/54452-rebuild-font-cache-windows-10-a.html and it's working now!!

I think the key must be FNTCACHE.DAT because I did all steps manually but didn't know about FNTCACHE.DAT.

Now the font works even after reboot.

Me again,

Really. After installing the latest Windows 10 update, the font no longer shows on my Twotter panel. I then applied the "Rebuild_Font_Cache.bat" quoted by @fyrakoto (id # 11) with the Windows reboot and the font returned.

Let's see if it (the font) remains.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue as well.  Have tried everything in this thread and am working through a "ticket" with Aerosoft.  No solution forthcoming.

P3Dv4 and Windows 10 pro.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet, out of all the aircraft on my system (P3Dv4, Windows 10 - latest updates), it is only this one aircraft that has the issue.  I had it working for a while yesterday using the re-install font and then reboot method.  This morning - back to not working.

• Deputy Sheriffs

But how could it be a problem of the aircraft, if after installing the font again it worked, you haven't changed anything at the aircraft last night and now it's not working again?

I have no idea what other aircraft might use or not use the quartz.ttf font, so the fact that you only see this problem with the Twotter is not an argument.

If you read through the related topics here getting Windows 10 completely up to date and re-installing the font fixed the problem for them for good. So this still must be something in your Windows, that causes the problem.

I had that very problem as well. And it was not an issue with the airplane. At least for me it was with receiving the Insider Preview Windows 10 version (Creators Update me thinks). It has some issues with fonts amongst other things. One of them is being problematic with child windows for .NET and p3dv3

I just opted out of insider, rolled back and am a happy camper with not having to install Quartz.ttf and reboot to get the Navaids/radios and clock working again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived