Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

michael-t

Trondheim not in Prepar3D scenery.cfg

Trondheim-Vaernes X V2.0 looks beautiful in Prepar3D v4, but there are Z-fighting artifacts on the apron. SODE configuration for FTX Norway has already been done. Next, I tried to edit the scenery.cfg but could not find its entries therein.

Thanks for help,

Michael

Jo, look i.e. on the runway in front of the right wing. Difficult to see on a screenshot, but very disturbing flickering.

Michael

2017-6-10_11-26-43-41.jpeg

2017-6-10_11-26-26-879.jpeg

Okey, so I can see that you have another AFCAD file that's not included with my scenery, if you run the configuration tool does it give you any warnings of possible scenery conflicts after you click "install selected"?

The configuration tool has saved these entries for recovery:

ren "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NOR_ENVA.BGL.off" "ADE_FTX_NOR_ENVA.BGL"
ren "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_NOR_ENVA_Objects.bgl.off" "FTX_NOR_ENVA_Objects.bgl"
ren "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_NOR_ENVA_elevation_adjustment.BGL.off" "ADE_FTX_NOR_ENVA_elevation_adjustment.BGL"

Michael

Do you have any other sceneries installed that could include an AFCAD for Trondheim? Some addons such as mytraffic will included AFCADs.

Can you also post a screenshot of your scenery library?

Just to say that at the beginning of the installation I was seeing what @michael-t is seeing.
I then corrected it because I remembered that My Traffic Professional has an AFCAD for each ICAO-code.

a.

593bc68ba5117_ENVA-MYTRAFFICAFCADDISABLED.thumb.jpg.37cd4852d1998a536262097b8262c1ae.jpg

b.

ENVANOMYTRAFFICAFCAD.thumb.jpg.5c6f6db2854e62bc27889f64cd4946e7.jpg

Cheers,

Thank you, Jo and Sinesio, I only have:

- a fresh install of P3D v4

- a variety of Orbx (Global, EU, Norway, Germany and Newzealand)

- Flytampa Athens & Vienna

Among utilities I have Ultimate Traffic 2. To my knowledge, it does not have AFCAD-files.

But I found another Orbx Norway ENVA-BGL: ADE_FTX_NOR_ENVA_CVX.bgl

Should I switch this also off?

Michael

Hi, Okey, can you post a screenshot of the scenery library? Is Vaernes at the top of the list?

As I already wrote: the scenery.cfg only lists the P3D default entries plus the Orbx- and Flytampa entries.

Michael

Okey, try and add it to the scenery library and see if that solves the problem.
the folder that should be added is this one: "\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0"

Done!

I added this to the end of the scenery.cfg:

[Area.161]
Title=Vaernes
Local=Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=161

Thank you for your perfect support,

Michael

2017-6-10_15-52-9-950.jpeg

Oh yes, I love it!

One further question:

This is what the file Uninstal_VaernesXV2.log contains:

[General]
Name=Trondheim - Vaernes X V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x
[Path]
Folder.1=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0
Folder.2=C:\Users\01234\AppData\Roaming\.ndp-chartcloud\offline\ENVA
[File]
File.1=c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\aerosoft_ENVA_SODE.xml
File.2=c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\aerosoft_ENVA_SODE_CityModels.xml
File.3=c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\aerosoft_ENVA_SODE_Stopbars.xml
File.4=c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\aerosoft_ENVA_SODE_Jetways.xml
File.5=c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\aerosoft_ENVA_SODE_DockingSystem.xml
File.6=c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\aerosoft_ENVA_SODE_DeIce.xml
[ShortCut]
ShortCut.1=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\aerosoft\Trondheim - Vaernes X V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x
[Registry]
Reg.1=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trondheim - Vaernes X V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x
Reg.2=SOFTWARE\Aerosoft\Trondheim - Vaernes X V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x
[Scenery.cfg]
Path=Scenery.cfg
Name.1=Vaernes V2.0

Possibly, the installer did not make an entry because it looked for the scenery.cfg in the wrong place. On my system, it resides in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Michael

To be honest not quite sure why it did not register automatically on your system, could it be that you did not run the installer with admin rights?
On my system the path in the uninstall log contains the correct path: "Path=C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\PREPAR3D v4\Scenery.cfg"

No, I always start installers with right click and "run as administrator".

Anyway, problem solved for now.

Nice weekend,

Michael

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.