Værnes v2 config manager error

Scandinavian

Installed Vaernes and all working, only difference is that I let the installer install NavDataPro which was confusing to begin with ;-)

I canceled that one the first time around which caused probably the mess with SODE...

I'm not a fan of raising airport altitudes to have easy tunnel stuff, other remark is no serial numbers anymore in the order confirmation email?

Other then that (we have always something to moan about lol) great work hope the raised hard surface don't give problems with other add-on stuff...

33 minutes ago, awf said:

Installed Vaernes and all working, only difference is that I let the installer install NavDataPro which was confusing to begin with ;-)

Can anyone explain why the installer wants to install navdatapro with the scenery, what function does it add?

2 minutes ago, Frederik Pedersen said:

Can anyone explain why the installer wants to install navdatapro with the scenery, what function does it add?

The charts in offline mode ;-)

Hallo,

I think there is a mistake in one path of the config tool (can be read in the log)

you have:

>>hdd\\FsX\\aerosoft\\Vaernes V2.0\\ConfigTool\\Libraries\\AmountOfDetails\\SODEon\\MEDIUM\\SimObjects\\model.ENVA_Terrain\\'

but simobjects should not be there

Try it??

Daniel

1 hour ago, awf said:

The charts in offline mode ;-)

As in the entire application or just the charts for ENVA?

3 hours ago, awf said:

What I have done is made a backup of the simobjects and xml files then an uninstall cleaned the registry.

Reboot and reinstall GSX (umberto and Co have always a good install routine which also installs SODE 1.51...)

Now everything is back and working copied back the simobjects and xml files so all SODE airports up and running...

Ok now again off to install Vaernes shiver.... Will report back.

Cheers,

Hi awf,

Any chance of a more detailed run-down? Back-up of simobjects and xml-files found where? Cleaned registry in the SODE platform, then uninstalled it?

The rest (reinstallation of GSX etc) is fine, sorry for being a noob.

Tom

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , tomandreas sagte:

Hi awf,

Any chance of a more detailed run-down? Back-up of simobjects and xml-files found where? Cleaned registry in the SODE platform, then uninstalled it?

The rest (reinstallation of GSX etc) is fine, sorry for being a noob.

Tom

He did a backup of the xml and simobjects files in c:\programdata\12bpilot\sode

• Developer

Hi, the links are for a zip file that needs to be downloaded, the file includes corrected folder structure for the configuration tool.
When you have downloaded the file you need to use a tool such as 7ZIP to extract the file.

Then follow the instructions that are included in the Readme file.

• Developer

Hi, the steps in the read me should be all that needs to be done, when you say issue is it the configuration tool giving you an error?
There's two different issues being discussed in this thread one where the configuration tool gives you an error and one where SODE is not installed correctly.

The files you downloaded is to fix the error given by the configuration tool, if you do not see the airport objects that is due to SODE not being installed/activated correctly.

• Developer

Hi, if you're missing the SODE entry in the add-ons menu it's because SODE is not installed or registered correctly.
To check if SODE is registered open up the SODE Platform Manager located in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE"

Please login to display this image.

If you're using P3D or FSX-SE and never installed regular FSX on your computer you need to install the SimConnect client manually, to check if SimConnect is installed on your computer 

click tools and "Check SimConnect Version" in the SODE platform manager.

• Developer

Do you see SODE under the add-ons tab in the menu?
If you do open up the simobjects.cfg file (Located in: "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3") and check that you're not missing this entry:

[Entry.X]
PATH=SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=Default Misc
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

Archived