Værnes v2 config manager error

Scandinavian

I get this error when I use the config manager for Værnes.

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Tkinter.pyo", line 1537, in __call__
  File "configv2_p3d.py", line 83, in install
  File "configv2_p3d.py", line 855, in copyFiles
  File "configv2_p3d.py", line 124, in copyAllFilesInFolder
WindowsError: [Error 3] Systemet finner ikke angitt bane: 'D:\\Program Files\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\Ecosystem\\Aerosoft\\Vaernes V2.0\\ConfigTool\\Libraries\\AmountOfDetails\\SODEon\\MEDIUM\\SimObjects\\model.ENVA_Terrain\\'

Also the SODE gates at ENBR and ENGM can't connect to 747's even though they can in real life, is this something that can be fixed?

• Developer

Hi, here's a fix for the error you're experiencing with the configtool.

FSX - Vaernes V2.0 configtool fix

P3D - Vaernes V2.0 configtool fix

Regarding the Oslo and Bergen jetway's connecting to a 747 do you use the PMDG or the Default 747?

I need to check if the door connection point is placed correctly for the PMDG since the jetway connects fine to the default 747. 

Got the same issue...that happens to when I run it in admin mode....if I run it without admin rights, the config manager crashes everytime... It seems it doesnt change anything.

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Tkinter.pyo", line 1537, in __call__
  File "configv2_p3d.py", line 83, in install
  File "configv2_p3d.py", line 855, in copyFiles
  File "configv2_p3d.py", line 124, in copyAllFilesInFolder
WindowsError: [Error 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden: 'D:\\Program Files\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v3\\Ecosystem\\Aerosoft\\Vaernes V2.0\\ConfigTool\\Libraries\\AmountOfDetails\\SODEon\\MEDIUM\\SimObjects\\model.ENVA_Terrain\\'

Also I don't see any buildings, nor the Afcad and I am staying on an elevated, invisible layer...

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hi Tobias, this indicates that SODE is not running properly, can you check if you have the SODE entry under the Add-ons entry in the toolbar?

If not please try and reinstall SODE and make sure you activate it for the sim you're using in the "SODEPlatformManager".

The fix I attached to my post above should solve the issue you're having with the configtool. The Config tool needs admin rights to be able to copy and change files in the scenery.

5 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

Regarding the Oslo and Bergen jetway's connecting to a 747 do you use the PMDG or the Default 747?

I need to check if the door connection point is placed correctly for the PMDG since the jetway connects fine to the default 747. 

Thanks for the quick fix. :)

I am using the PMDG 747.

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Do you have SODE 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 installed ?

Either 1.5.0 or 1.5.1, both don't work. I tried and reinstalled both.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you say "don't work", what exactly do you mean?

Is the SODE item in the Add-Ons menu missing?

Do you get an error when calling "Test DLL Connection!" ?

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

When you say "don't work", what exactly do you mean?

Is the SODE item in the Add-Ons menu missing?

Do you get an error when calling "Test DLL Connection!" ?

SODE is completely missing in the sim.

3 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

Also are you running P3D or FSX-SE? If you never had FSX installed you need to install the simconnect client, since this is not automatically installed with P3D or FSX-SE.

Here's a video tutorial on how to install Simconnect in P3D.

And here's the install process for FSX-SE

P3D v3, but never had any problems with SODE or any Scenery using it before, just with this 1.5.0 (1)... will try the simconnect though.

• Developer

Also keep in mind that SODE 1.5.1 is only required for users that run P3Dv4, if SODE 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 was working on your system you could reinstall one of those instead.
Both of them are available on the SODE download page.

28 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

Also keep in mind that SODE 1.5.1 is only required for users that run P3Dv4, if SODE 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 was working on your system you could reinstall one of those instead.
Both of them are available on the SODE download page.

But then the Installer is misleading! It says and installs 1.5.1 also for P3D v3!

EDIT: But thanks Jo! That finally fixed it! Seems SODE 1.5.1 isnt really compatible with my P3D v3 version...

• Developer

The reason why 1.5.1 was included is that it has some bug fixes compared with the older versions, I'm going to check with @12bPilot (the SODE developer) if he has any idea why 1.5.1 is not working on your system.

• Developer
vor 13 Stunden , Tobias94 sagte:

But then the Installer is misleading! It says and installs 1.5.1 also for P3D v3!

EDIT: But thanks Jo! That finally fixed it! Seems SODE 1.5.1 isnt really compatible with my P3D v3 version...

Which v3 version are you running? 3.4? 3.3? 3.2?

1 hour ago, 12bPilot said:

Which v3 version are you running? 3.4? 3.3? 3.2?

I am running on v3.3.5, since it was the most stable for me.

@ETH767_Magnus got exactly the same problem, with SODE 1.5.1, but I don't know which v3 Version he's running.

Have the same issue after installing Vaernes messed up my sode install 1.51 in P3Dv4 was working perfectly fine... Reinstall or unregister or register doesn't solve the issue...

Sode missing in addon menu P3D V3 and V4

• Deputy Sheriffs

SODE 1.5.1 does no longer use the dll.xml or exe.xml to register it core parts. The location is now stored in the add-on.xml in c:\programfiles (x86)\12bpilot\SODE and read via the add-on.cfg by P3D. But you have still to register and activate SODE with the SODE Platform Manger.

Have you uninstalled SODE 1.4.x prior installation of SODE 1.5.1? Maybe there are old obsolete registrations in the dll.xml and exe.xml.

SODE 1.51 was working correct before install of Vaernes!
Checked already the Add-on config file (I'm aware of the changes ;-))

I unregistered via the platform manager and then registered again checked also the log file the Aerosoft installer messed up something :(

Ok back at my PC going to have a look further....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm, you can try this:

uninstall SODE (you can leave ENGM)  and clean the folders and the cfg and xml files.

simobjects.cfg

add-on.cfg

exe.xml and dll.xml (in both locations)

And of course for all your Sim Versions.

The last revisions never deleted the xml and simobjects of the addons during uninstall of SODE (to be safe, make a backup of them).

Then install new 1.5.1 from http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

and register and activate with SODE platform manager for your sims.

What I have done is made a backup of the simobjects and xml files then an uninstall cleaned the registry.

Reboot and reinstall GSX (umberto and Co have always a good install routine which also installs SODE 1.51...)

Now everything is back and working copied back the simobjects and xml files so all SODE airports up and running...

Ok now again off to install Vaernes shiver.... Will report back.

Cheers,

Archived