Trondheim 2.0

Vickers Viking

• Developer

Hello, this is due to having multiple AFCAD files for Trondheim active, FTX Norway includes it's own files for Trondheim and for the scenery to display correctly these have to be deactivated.
The configuration tool supplied with the scenery will do an automatic search for any files that could cause a conflict, see page 17 in the manual for more information. (page 29 in English.)

It's also important to make sure that the Trondheim scenery has a higher priority in the scenery library than any of the FTX Norway / ORBX entries.

Returning to Sode 1.4 did solve most of the issues for me, too. I am using FTX Norway in P3Dv3.

Nevertheless, I still have an invisible afcad ~10m above the apron, so my aircraft is floating. Static aircraft are in the correct position. I tried to remove all FTX files containing ENVA from the ftx folder as well as from scenery/world/scenery. No change. Any Ideas?

Edit: FTX is active in the configurator and ENVA has higher priority

Edit 2: Just found the reason, it's your elevation fix that I deleted as well... :D sorry, my fault. Great looking scenery! Thanks a lot

Edit 3: just realized that there are still some problems with the elevation, just not as appearant as before: any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

Hei Jo Erlend,

Running P3D v4 with FTX Norway (selected in config tool).
When I activate SODE in the config tool, almost all objects disappear.
I have selected the correct (default) SODE common data path.

Værnes is at number 1 in Scenery Library priority 

If I try to disable SODE the scenery appears. 

Any advice as to what might be causing this? I was really looking forward to all the cool SODE features.

Ellers ser dette sabla bra ut!

Mvh

Tom Andreas Østrem

• Developer

Hi, can you make sure that the SODE entry is showing underneath Add-ons menu in the toolbar?

If you did not have FSX installed before you installed P3Dv4 you need to install the Simconnect client manually, here's a video tutorial on how to do that in P3D.

SODE is indeed not showing. I already had 1.51 installed for GSX and it was working perfectly until now. I see that another thread seems to be discussing this issue, so I will monitor that and post further questions there. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just a shot into the blue as we had such case today: have you activated SODE for P3Dv4, or maybe only for P3Dv3 which you might have still installed on your machine?

Hi Tom,

Yes, registered and active. That's what I find strange. I have now done a complete unregister...uninstall...reboot...reinstall...reboot...register of SODE.

In the config tool I point to the ProgramData folder as described in the manual. 

It still isn't working...

I have also reached out to the SODE support forum for help. 

• Developer

If you have SODE running in the toolbar please check inside "C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml" that you have these files:

If you do not have these files run the configuration tool, press the SODE folder button and select this folder:
C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\

When you then click install selected the xml files will be placed there automatically.

Hi

I also have the issues above.. I have the files above in my SODE folder.

But SODE is not showing under the toolbar, and it is indeed activated..  (i have green i the 2 boxes).
And it's the same also for ENGM and ENBR (No jetways)

Cheers
Dennis

2 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

If you have SODE running in the toolbar please check inside "C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml" that you have these files:

If you do not have these files run the configuration tool, press the SODE folder button and select this folder:
C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\

When you then click install selected the xml files will be placed there automatically.

Hi Jo.

I do indeed have those files in my SODE folder. 

• Developer

And if you look inside "P3D/SimObjects/Misc" do you see two folders named "SODE_ENVA" and "SODE_ENVA_DYN"?
The only way I'm able to recreate the problem with SODE running is if these two folders are missing.

18 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

And if you look inside "P3D/SimObjects/Misc" do you see two folders named "SODE_ENVA" and "SODE_ENVA_DYN"?
The only way I'm able to recreate the problem with SODE running is if these two folders are missing.

Yup, both there.

• Developer

Do you have any other scenery addons that use SODE? If so does the objects show correctly at those airports?
Until we figure out why SODE does not load the objects on your system you can disable the SODE features at Trondheim, do that by unchecking "Use SODE" in the configtool.

19 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

Do you have any other scenery addons that use SODE? If so does the objects show correctly at those airports?
Until we figure out why SODE does not load the objects on your system you can disable the SODE features at Trondheim, do that by unchecking "Use SODE" in the configtool.

Yeah i flew to LFMN instead, where they also uses SODE jetways, and everything worked fine there. 

Hi,

I would just like to add what I am experiencing with the Trondheim Vaernes control panel.  Everything seems to be working, and I have SODE visible and the dll connection is OK, and all the files mentioned above are present.  The problem I have is when I click on "INSTALL SELECTED" on the control panel it just hangs and will not respond.  I have waited for several minutes and it does not respond at all after I have clicked on "INSTALL SELECTED".  Before I click this I can select all options OK and they react as expected.

I tried the fix for the control panel mentioned in another thread, but that did not seem to have an effect.

Cheers,

• Developer

Hi, when you click install selected the configuration tool does a search inside the simulators root folder for any duplicate AFCADs for Trondheim or other files that needs to be disabled for the scenery to function properly.
If it hangs for a long period of time it could be because it has to search through a large amount of files (Though I've never experienced it taking more than 10-20 seconds), depending on how many addons you have installed.

• Developer
6 hours ago, Kristoffer Michelsen said:

I have the same problem as tomandreas, but in p3d.

SODE is showing under the toolbar, and it is indeed activated.. :/

Problem was solved by adding a missing entry in the simobjects.cfg file, the entry for SimObjects/Misc was missing.
If you experience that the scenery is missing but you have SODE underneath the add-ons tab in the menu check that you have this entry in the cfg file.

[Entry.X]
PATH=SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=Default Misc
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

Hi all,

I also have a little problem which seems to be related to SODE in P3D V3. When landing at ENVA  sometimes after touchdown  the scenery just disappears for a second or two (giving the same image as in the post above) and then comes back...I have the last version with SODE 1.4.2 installed and it shows as activated...

best regards

Archived