P3DV4 Real-time Lighting

Hi, my first post here in the forum.

And once with a video showing the new real-time lighting effects in Prepar3DV4.
This video shows the new real-time lighting effects of the Flight Simulator Prepar3D V4. The location of the recording is Hengsen-Opherdicke near Dortmund, Germany. The scenery is not yet published. The actions are performed by an avatar equipped with a flashlight.

sorry i dont want to be the party pooper

while i agree its new to V4 but isn't this the same effect, as  dynamic ground lighting

is this any different to the adjustable spots on aircraft? I noticed on the demo videos and my installed helos you can reproduce the same effect as the torch in your video

And ive also notice with certain light based .fxs they cast a down light from the .fx  onto the ground only illuminating whats in range

could you please explain more, on what is new in your video that still requires implementation into general use please

• Aerosoft

In FSX lights can't correctly light up scenery or simobjects. Just check any airport with parked aircraft, you will always see them dark. In P3d V4 lights can light them up. 

The video shown is simply impossible to make in FSX. You would just see total darkness.

Im aware that fsx cant display such effects, however I was highlighting this is already in play in p3d v4 as dynamic ground lighting which is a select able option in the options

ive  installed many  3rd party addons, and experienced it first hand in v4 with a helicopter, I was able to light up a objects with the spotlight as seen in the posted video with settings setted able to cast a shadow from that object with the spot light

whether the name of the effect is an older fsx/p3d effect  which as been recompiled for v4 and share a similar name or what however

Im not trying to troll or compete, im genuinely interested to see if what Ive been playing with is the same or this is a separate effect altogether

As you can see the stock aircraft in v4 already have this ability

Please login to display this image.

I noticed that the title of the article is wrong. The title should be changed:

False: P3DV4 Real-time lightning
Correct: P3DV4 real-time lighting

Can someone please change that? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Christian

Archived