Tiller Sensitivity

Hi folks.

I've a question about tiller sensitivity. It turns too fast and it makes turning unrealistic. Is there any way to decrease tiller's turning rate? I couldn't find any option in fsuipc.

As far as I remember, Aerosoft Airbus X's (non extended) tiller was slower than current buses. Am I right? If so then can we use its codes?

Well, see if this can help you:

a.

Please login to display this image.

b.

c.

Cheers,

I tried but didn't work. My joystick is Logitech Extreme 3d pro and I set Z axis "throttle 3 set" button in the axis assignment section. I tried throttle 3, page 3/11 in joystick callibration section, but that didn't work, too.

Personally I find the tiller quite comfortable (using the twist on my MS Sidewinder) but I guess it may depend on your hardware.

Remember that in the real aeroplane the tiller NWS is by wire and the forces are very light. The response is also non-linear and increases in sensitivity with tiller deflection.

The key is being smooth, holding the input and waiting for the aeroplane to respond and making small smooth adjustments as necessary. If you are aggressive with the tiller, move it or let it spring back rapidly or apply lots of lock quickly you will destabilise the aeroplane.

Never let it 'snap' back to the centre and you hardly ever need to apply full lock: if you do then you should get there smoothly and progressively, and the same as you 'unwind' the steering back to centre as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Archived