Clicking sound instead of bell ringing

David Keff

Hi all,

I made a clean install of Prepar3d V4, installed the Twin Otter, made all necessary changes with fonts and files from the folder redist, so it is working nicely now. But I get a bell ringing sound for a second and then it changes in a clicking sound when testing the fire system. Any thoughts on that matter?

Same here.

And when both fire levers have been pulled, a few seconds after the engines shut down

I get either with a CTD or a message "Breakpoint A Breakpoint has been reached."

Same problem here. After the fire bell test (which make the click noise) all the cockpit sounds are broken, the switches make a "echo" sound, like many clicks repeated. Moreover the pilot's doors doesn't make any sound, but I don't remember if those did in V3.

I have only the Otter and Orbx scenery installed. 

If I reset the plane all works again

I have the same problem if I turn on the fuel boost pumps. As soon as I click on Fuel Boost FWD I have endless clicking sound, and P3D is broken, didn't CTD, but became unusable.

Archived