P3D V4 Windshield wipers & Engine shutdown

Joan Alonso

Hi,

I always wanted to buy a turboprop aircraft for flight simming, so now that we are all waiting all the add-ons to be updated for v4 I recently bought Twin Otter, wich it's one of the very first add-ons updated. It was the best time to try a turboprop.

The aircraft is really funny to fly. Similar to other Aerosoft products, high level of detail, great sounds, flight modelling, textures...

But I came across two problems.

1. Windshield wipers induce very hard stutters. Even with high and smooth FPS (Thanks God v4) without them. I don't think is related to my PC. 

2. Engine shutdown procedure makes P3D V4 CTD. I tried several times and I always get CTD when I try to shutdown the engines.

Many thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, MarkHurst said:

Windshield wipers - I wouldn't worry, they don't do anything anyway. Can't speak to the engine shutdown.

Hehe, you are right about wipers, but if wipers have been simulated would be great to see them working properly.

The engines problem is something  worse. :huh:

Thanks

I also had a CTD with the Twin Otter while shut down, but had so far not established a connection between the Twin Otter and P3D V4. Thought it is only at P3DV4 because there still might be errors.
Everything with standard Scenery in Hamburg and the default settings of P3DV4.
 I'll test it again this afternoon.

The sound of the engines at my end is normal, but I have an issue with the fire alarm bell. The first second it is ringing and then changes in a clicking sound. Weird. And the Fuel planner will not load, This is the report:

Cannot load file of assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0. Culture=neutral

PublicKey Token=31bf3856ad364e35. Cannot find file

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 minutes ago, David Keff said:

And the Fuel planner will not load, This is the report

Please install the SimConnect package that came with your P3Dv4:

• P3D Main Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

vor 6 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Can anybody confirm the shut down issue? On my system it does not cause this issue.

This is the Eventlog:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.0.23.21468, Zeitstempel: 0x59279be2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: XAudio2_7.dll, Version: 9.29.1962.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4c0643cc
Ausnahmecode: 0x80000003
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000002b72c
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1afc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d2db9d6d64ca24
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: P:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\XAudio2_7.dll
Berichtskennung: f23b6925-4790-11e7-b4db-9c5c8ebde8e6

- I tested it with the model: Aerosoft DHC6 Series 300 Wheels.
- P3DV4 config as delivert
- Location EDDH
- Fair Weather
- No Chaseplane installed

- Startup scenario was Ready To Fly & Cold & Dark
- The crash happen about 10 sec. after cutting the Fuellever left an right.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This Microsoft DLL is known to make problems on Windows 10 machines. 

The following link contains a solution which works for a lot of users:

I found a solution that seems to work - at least mostly.

XAudio2_7.dll exists in multiple places - SysWOW64 as well as System32.

Rename the file in SysWOW64 to XAudio2_7.dll to XAudio2_7.dll.old and then copy the file from System32 into the SysWOW64 folder.

I have a few audio hiccups here and there, but none of the games that crashed before seem to do it now.  Tested with Kingdoms of Amalur, and it seemed to work.  Played for 30 minutes with no crash, where as I was having crashes every 15 minutes before.

vor 19 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

This Microsoft DLL is known to make problems on Windows 10 machines. 

In my case, i am on Win 7 Pro...

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you Google for the DLL name, you will still find it to be the source of problems on multiple Windows versions, and in multiple applications. 

I also am getting a crash on shut down with the Twin Otter. My Eventviewer log says the following:

The program Prepar3D.exe version 4.0.23.21468 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 35a0
 Start Time: 01d2dbb327c7a504
 Termination Time: 17
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
 Report Id: 60aac03e-47a7-11e7-969a-38d5471254ef
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

An update to the topic.

Loading P3D v4 from a saved flight from stock airport, no add-ons, twin otter loaded with engines running: CTD (20-30 seconds after engines shutdown).

Something like a click sound can be heard several times before CTD.

But, loading Twin Otter from cold & dark seems to work. Then you can start/shutdown them many times without problem. 

Anyone experiencing stutters with wipers on?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, angusfly said:

An update to the topic.

Loading P3D v4 from a saved flight from stock airport, no add-ons, twin otter loaded with engines running: CTD (20-30 seconds after engines shutdown).

Something like a click sound can be heard several times before CTD.

But, loading Twin Otter from cold & dark seems to work. Then you can start/shutdown them many times without problem. 

Anyone experiencing stutters with wipers on?

Thanks!

Thanks @angusfly I will try that and I agree with the 20-30 seconds after shutdown for the CTD if that helps you guys narrow down the issue.

Thanks for the great work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived