Have I ever advised a sim platform? Well now I am...

1 minute ago, masterhawk said: That is the most expensive part to get ready for v4 in all it's glory.

Actually, we can consider ourselves lucky. Most of the developers are working to get 64-bit versions and new installers ready and hardly anyone will ask for additional money. So, for most it's not much more cost than the sim itself and may be some more RAM. Considering that we had to buy everything from scratch for the switch from FS2004 to FSX, we get a pretty sweet deal this time.

That depends. I have pretty big investments in FSX add-ons. Since P3D v3 had its issues and instabilities I didn't bother to shift platforms.

So I'm very curious about transferability from FSX:SE to FSW from an addon perspective. Since commerce is definately a factor in this (and there's nothing wrong with that btw, 'chimneys need to smoke') I fear the worst.

Grtz., Hans

• Aerosoft

As soon as there is a complete SDK for FSW we can start to look at it. Right now I have seen some add-ons ported over but not complex ones. We can only hope that Dovetails is able to move fast from the Early Access to a complete release so we know we got the stability we need to develop for.

On 2017-5-28 at 5:57 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And the funny thing is that I am seriously not thinking about new aircraft. For me the priorities are, in the correct order:

1. Getting the less complex aircraft (Bronco, Catalina, Twotter, Discus K, Robin etc) ready for P3D V4. Just completed the last tests on the Twotter.
  2. Release the CRJ, using as many features of P3D V4 as possible
  3. Compatibility update A318...A321 for P3D V4 (perhaps change the lights to V4 standard)
  4. Release the A330
  5. Release the new A320/A321 with full V4 features
  6. Release the new A318/A319 with full V4 features
  7. Add the second engine version to the A330
  8. Release an aircraft not yet announced
  9. Do some professional work your will never see
  10. Discuss a new aircraft project with my fellow Project Managers and my core team of testers and advisors
  11. Celebrate Christmas

If there is a 1.00 release plus complete SDK for Flight Sim World we might work for that platform as well. We'll see.

Hi,

Just curious about what can we all expect as 'full V4 features'. I just know a bit about the advantages of 64 bits and the new ligths system, but could you elaborate a bit more on the new features and their impact in planes as the AS buses?

Txs in advance

vor 5 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Hi, P3Dv4 is great.  But the next step after purchasing the sim was to order a new GPU. I will replace my ATI R9 280X with a nVIDIA 1080Ti. That is the most expensive part to get ready for v4 in all it's glory.

Same here, from a GTX 970 to a 1080TI. I read this story over and over, Lockheed Martin seems to make Nvidia smile, 

Kind regards, Michael

20 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Hi, P3Dv4 is great.  But the next step after purchasing the sim was to order a new GPU. I will replace my ATI R9 280X with a nVIDIA 1080Ti. That is the most expensive part to get ready for v4 in all it's glory.

I'm not surprised. FSX/P3D has always performed better on Nvidia than on ATi. I guess P3D v4 won't be an exception.

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, JESUS_LOSPI said:

Hi,

Just curious about what can we all expect as 'full V4 features'. I just know a bit about the advantages of 64 bits and the new ligths system, but could you elaborate a bit more on the new features and their impact in planes as the AS buses?

Txs in advance

There are many more options we are testing with at this moment. Some are generic such as where the add-on is installed, others are less obvious and more aimed at the modeler. But there are also things like new axis that can be defined, some better FX options etc.

Thank you so much for your advise, Mathijs ! ^_^
Now I feel confident to move to P3D after many years with FSX.
But I'm afraid that I'll have to upgrade my GPU (Radeon HD7700 1GB) to Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB :(
I hope DA-20 Katana, Mega Airport Dusseldorf, MadeiraX Evolution, IbizaX Evolution, La PalmaX, MaldivesX, MykonosX, TahitiX (or may be the new version) will also be soon available for P3Dv4 soon.

Thank you Mathijs for this optimistic statement. I'll definitely buy P3Dv4, and I'll switch to it as soon as my favourite Aerosoft products are available. It's really good that developers and publishers like you are now encouraging people to switch to V4. With more users, we can expect more V4 add-on developments, I expect. Because it is as you said: The sim is only the OS, the add-ons are the programs which bring the sim to life. 

Also, thanks for your reply in my other thread - I never wanted to blame aerosoft with that one, but to warn you about the possibility of loosing customers when they switch to V4 but your products don't. But when I read such a really pro-V4 statement like this one from your mouth, I can definitely look forward to a lot of Aerosoft products in v4 - that makes me really happy. 

Maybe a GTX1080 is good for an multi monitor setup. But the GTX1070 is more then good enough for my widescreen 2560x1080 display (single monitor setup.)

The framerates are about 70 ~ 80 fps with maxed out AA in P3D. No other tweaking in the driver itself.

Finaly the shimmering is history as well in my setup.

And just when I thought I had gotten FSX running quite nicely, along comes 64-bit to upset the apple cart...

I'm definitely anxious to try it and intend to move to V4, but like many of the others here I'm going to wait for things to settle down a little and let the add-on market catch up a bit.  Too many things that would be missing right now for my "productivity" flying that would hamper my enjoyment of it, because that's just the way I am.  In the meantime, I'm tracking the update status of all my add-ons in a spreadsheet and have a well-oiled boxed FSX setup.  It runs solid and typically stays above 1 GB of free VAS (I've had 1 OOM ever), so we'll let the old girl run out her twilight months, and who knows due to some older aircraft I will refuse to part with probably not seeing upgrades, it'll probably always hang around in a limited capacity.

Archived