The A320 won't display the secondary navdatabase

jn_carter

Hi,

I'm using the Aerosoft A320 in combination with NavDataPro and I just cannot make the MCDU display the secondary navigation database (it show's 0 no matter what). The NDP tool uses AIRAC 1704 as backup (primary is 1706). Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks John

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you only have NavDataPro installed, there simply is no second navigation database on your system. If you would have also Navigraph installed the bus would detect it and offer it as secondary database in the MCDU. 

Thanks for the answer although it doesn't make any sense. On a real airbus the primary navigation database uses the current AIRAC 1706, the secondary navigation database would read AIRAC 1705. It's not a matter of who provides the database, the secondary db always uses the previous AIRAC.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, I have just explained to you how it is implemented in the Aerosoft bus. It might be possible to fake a Navigraph database by putting your older NavDataPro cycle into the Navigraph folder. I have never tried to do that.

Wow, that's an ingenious solution, I will try it as soon as possible. Thanks for your help. Keep up your awesome work with the airbus projects at hand.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived