Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018

vor 1 minute, krivadesign sagte:

Once more, this forum is not indicative of the market Aerosoft serves, nor any other sim producer or developer. They've repeated that a number of times. As such, polls on this forum are next to worthless for them.

This forum consists of a small but vocal minority, mostly avgeeks with roes tinted glasses. Again, if their research shows that the investment they would have to do, wouldn't pay off, who are you to contest that? Even though the A340 is a 'derivative' of the A330, their are quite a few changes between them, which would take a lot of time to get right. Developer time costs lots of money. I bet, if you're willing to pay for all of the time spent, they'd gladly do an A340.

This is a direct quote from Mathijs himself in the A330 topic:

Now, either Mathijs is trying to throw everyone off the trail, or he's speaking the truth. He's not really known for doing the first, and very much known for doing the second. Which seems more plausible, then?

The next two years. You have to think about things. Every new plane to start now would take them more than two years.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it would, but with the A330 as a base, it really wouldn't take them anywhere close to two years, especially if you look when development for the A330 started.

Like I said, there's quite a few differences between the two, but it's not like they would have to start from scratch.

Of course not. But A330 is also not finished yet.

And I really would not expect any of them in the next two years.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, krivadesign said:

Now, either Mathijs is trying to throw everyone off the trail, or he's speaking the truth. He's not really known for doing the first, and very much known for doing the second. Which seems more plausible, then?

Well I did make a mistake and included the A340 in my list, making a good version of the A340 is certainly possible :rolleyes:

But the integrated cockpits of the 350 and 380 are in my opinion a step too far. While technically possible if you have the data, development time would be too long. It would drive the price to the $200 mark and that's assuming the same number of sales as for a $100 add-on. I just don't see that happening. There will be okay A350 and A380 add-ons for sure (there some already) but nothing that is complete and detailed.

Thank you so much, Mathijs, for this answer. 

I´m already happy about knowing, Aerosoft A340 is possible, even if you didn´t decide on that yet.

Technically possible, I imagine? I still wonder whether it would be economically feasible for you guys (an A340, I mean). But then again, I'm quite certain you already have those numbers? ;-)

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well I did make a mistake and included the A340 in my list, making a good version of the A340 is certainly possible :rolleyes:

thats my dream and my favorite aircraft, i beg you I promise to buy 50 copies if you guys develop that plane after 330

41 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

thats my dream and my favorite aircraft, i beg you I promise to buy 50 copies if you guys develop that plane after 330

39 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Would buy 100. Who´s offering more?:D

If an A340 will ever happen I'll take you guys by the word! I'll make that a sticky on the bosses desk!

• Deputy Sheriffs

The first thing people would nag about when AS should do an A340 is that the version is not the one they wanted. 

Imagine it to be the A346. People will bitch it is no A343. Then we have the A342 people. There will even be ones that want an A345 because hell, it is an A343 with A346 engines some would say so why not have all three. ;) 

Haha, ok that would be lol.

But the most impressive one is still the A340-600:)

And Emi finally has to see one;)

But that´s the same with the A330. Many want to have the A330-200, or they complain about the engine variant. There´s one thing, that is very good when doing the A340-600 (but also every other A340 version) So let´s go on imaginating the A346. Nobody could complain about the chosen enginne variant, cause there is only one

7 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

The first thing people would nag about when AS should do an A340 is that the version is not the one they wanted. 

Imagine it to be the A346. People will bitch it is no A343. Then we have the A342 people. There will even be ones that want an A345 because hell, it is an A343 with A346 engines some would say so why not have all three. ;) 

The most logical step would be the -200 and -300 models, as they are the most similar to the A330-200 and -300.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Vee One said:

The most logical step would be the -200 and -300 models, as they are the most similar to the A330-200 and -200.

Wrong

No, not the A340-200/-300

A340-500 and A340-600 do have RR engines. And the sound of Trent 500 and Trent 700 is almost completely the same

Producing the longest Airbus plane would be phenomenal

I don't think an A340 is likely, Aerosoft will be releasing an excellent A330 and this will fill a particular space in simmer's hangers. I don't doubt that  an A340 is a lot more feasible than an A350, With huge ETOPS ratings available for twinjets now, the day of the 4 engine jet is severely numbered.  There is virtually nowhere on earth that can't be reached with a two engine configuration.  To cut a long story short, an A340 is not a viable product in Aerosoft's eyes, I think it would take some time to recoup costs and make any profit.   I am sure that Aerosoft would love to produce an A350 or A380, but it isn't practical with their current information to produce a quality simulation. If you have any clout at Airbus, get them to send some info to Mathijs.  I think something entirely new, like the C919 is possible ( massive untapped market in China ) , But with more 64bit sims than you can shake a stick at appearing like a rash, I should think everybody's development plans are on the back-burner for now.

• Deputy Sheriffs

FYI: I took the liberty to modify the title of this topic a little bit, not that anyone draws the conclusion from it that there will be a release of what ever next plane in 2018 ;)

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

FYI: I took the livery to modify the title of this topic a little bit, not that anyone draws the conclusion from it that there will be a release of what ever next plane in 2018 ;)

That would be a liberty.  But we always like a new livery.  You could have changed the title to 'You talk about aircraft, and we'll sit back and watch what happens'.  :-0

Ok

vor 5 Minuten, Dudley sagte:

I don't think an A340 is likely, Aerosoft will be releasing an excellent A330 and this will fill a particular space in simmer's hangers. I don't doubt that  an A340 is a lot more feasible than an A350, With huge ETOPS ratings available for twinjets now, the day of the 4 engine jet is severely numbered.  There is virtually nowhere on earth that can't be reached with a two engine configuration.  To cut a long story short, an A340 is not a viable product in Aerosoft's eyes, I think it would take some time to recoup costs and make any profit.   I am sure that Aerosoft would love to produce an A350 or A380, but it isn't practical with their current information to produce a quality simulation. If you have any clout at Airbus, get them to send some info to Mathijs.  I think something entirely new, like the C919 is possible ( massive untapped market in China ) , But with more 64bit sims than you can shake a stick at appearing like a rash, I should think everybody's development plans are on the back-burner for now.

A340 is likely but at the same time not likely. Mathijs answered here and he answered with a smily which in my opinion says much.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And for all concerned, do not make statements on behalf of Aerosoft like "viable product in Aerosoft's eyes". 

Nobody but Aerosoft will talk for Aerosoft here ok. Else we have to close this topic. 

Thanks

Just now, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Ok

A340 is likely but at the same time not likely. Mathijs answered here and he answered with a smily which in my opinion says much.

Granted it's probably easiest develpment wise, but it's probably difficult to justify from a marketing point of view.  

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

But the integrated cockpits of the 350 and 380 are in my opinion a step too far. While technically possible if you have the data, development time would be too long. It would drive the price to the $200 mark and that's assuming the same number of sales as for a $100 add-on. I just don't see that happening. There will be okay A350 and A380 add-ons for sure (there some already) but nothing that is complete and detailed.

Okay, I see. But since a different company currently develops the Boeing 787: What distinguishes the A350/380 cockpits from the 787 cockpit that makes the development of the 787 more feasible? I ask because the 787 cockpit seems pretty complex and full of new technology as well.

In any case, I would be glad if you developed the A320NEO as your A3XX project. But, of course, I would be more enthusiastic about the A380 - even if I know now that it's very hard to do and would take a lot of development time and support from Airbus. ;)

1 minute ago, Frank Docter said:

And for all concerned, do not put words in Aerosoft's mouth like "viable product in Aerosoft's eyes". 

Nobody but Aerosoft will talk for Aerosoft here ok. Else we have to close this topic. 

Thanks

Apologies, it was a conjecture on my part to clarify.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Dudley said:

Apologies, it was a conjecture on my part to clarify.

No problem, I just want to shed some more awareness on Mathijs's first post here. 

As I´ve already said. there is definitely market for the A340. I´m sure that most of all to buy the A330 would also buy an A340. 

And it does not mean: I prefer heving an A380 so I would just buy an A380 and no other plane

Archived