Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018

Hi,

as there are often discussions about the next Aerosoft product after A330 and Airbus 2017 versions are released, I opened this topic to discuss about it.

Have fun;)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better check if such a topic already exists before opening it.

There you can make all your suggestions and discussions about possible future products. This one can be closed.

No, this one can´t be closed. 

I already know that topic. But @Frank Docter said: Feel free to open a new topic in the Gerenal section.

This topic is only about the next plane. The other topic is about everything. And this topic is for discussion. The other one for requests. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Be aware that all that has been said about the next airliner from AS after the Airbus 2017 series has already been said by Mathijs these last few days. 

Therefor do not expect to hear anything from an AS viewpoint here. Simply because there is nothing more to say at the moment. But feel free to discuss everything about it here. 

Btw an A340 has nothing to do with an A380. The only thing they have in common is a sidestick and the number of engines under the wings. ;) 

Well there are implications on the A330 Preview Thread that it seems unlikely we will be getting an A350 or A380 when it comes to the questioned project. And considering there is probably no market for the A340, making it even less likely than the A350 or A380 in my opinion. If they're are not doing the A350, which in my opinion would sell the best out of the three mentioned, it's most probably going to be the A32Xneo the way I see it. A little Off-Topic, but what I'd really love to see are CRT's for the A32X and the A330. I might make myself unpopular with this, but I'd rather see that before anything else, when it comes to Airbus projects.

• Aerosoft

I'm not a big fan of this topic. No matter if we stay out, some people will read this as coming from Aerosoft.

I can honestly say that we do NOT have any fixed aircraft plans after the A330 and update of the other busses. It is a discussion we will have internally later this year. It could very well the whole team needs to work on a professional project anyway. I have indeed said that there is an aircraft project not yet announced but I never said that was a Airbus.

A CRT version of the Airbusses is absolutely out of the question. A 350 and A380 also seem impossible to do in the near future unless we get serious assistance from Airbus Industries, something I unfortunately do not expect.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

. A 350 and A380 also seem impossible to do in the near future unless we get serious assistance from Airbus Industries, something I unfortunately do not expect.

Have you sent them cake? Seriously,  I expect you are needing performance figures.  Can't you derive these from real world statistics.

vor 35 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

Be aware that all that has been said about the next airliner from AS after the Airbus 2017 series has already been said by Mathijs these last few days. 

Therefor do not expect to hear anything from an AS viewpoint here. Simply because there is nothing more to say at the moment. But feel free to discuss everything about it here. 

Btw an A340 has nothing to do with an A380. The only thing they have in common is a sidestick and the number of engines under the wings. ;) 

Let's have a look to Lufthansa.

Every pilot, sitting in the cockpit of a A380 at Lufthansa, flew the A340 first. And there's a good reason for that.

vor 26 Minuten, Aviator1985 sagte:

Well there are implications on the A330 Preview Thread that it seems unlikely we will be getting an A350 or A380 when it comes to the questioned project. And considering there is probably no market for the A340, making it even less likely than the A350 or A380 in my opinion. If they're are not doing the A350, which in my opinion would sell the best out of the three mentioned, it's most probably going to be the A32Xneo the way I see it. A little Off-Topic, but what I'd really love to see are CRT's for the A32X and the A330. I might make myself unpopular with this, but I'd rather see that before anything else, when it comes to Airbus projects.

You forget we're talking about simulation not real life.

PMDG also developed the 747

Most of all airlines retire their 747-400 but do not order any 747-8

Many addons that have been made including airliners that didn't get that many orders.

There are no specific plans, Mathijs said. The only thing mentioned was that there Will likely not be any good A350/A380 in the near future.

As far as I know, Aerosoft did not say no to an A340 so still possible.

But I think everybody can agree to that:

If Aerosoft want to build on the A330, the way to go would be A340.

12 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

There are no specific plans, Mathijs said. The only thing mentioned was that there Will likely not be any good A350/A380 in the near future.

As far as I know, Aerosoft did not say no to an A340 so still possible.

As far as I know, AS/Mathijs have said several times that they won't do the A340.

39 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have indeed said that there is an aircraft project not yet announced but I never said that was a Airbus.

I am actually quite pleased that it might not be an Airbus (coming from an Airbus-Fan), as I feel there is an aircraft type out there much more needed than any additional Airbus to the ones already in existence/development.

vor 9 Minuten, Griffin78 sagte:

As far as I know, AS/Mathijs have said several times that they won't do the A340.

Maybe, if they did so, Mathijs could post it here.

If Aerosoft can't do a A350 or A380. A Boeing looks unlikely as that market is well covered.  We will have to get imaginative. How about a C919?

Just now, Dudley said:

If Aerosoft can't do a A350 or A380. A Boeing looks unlikely as that market is well covered.  We will have to get imaginative. How about a C919?

What I'd really love to see is the Embraer 170/175/190/195 family.

vor 54 Minuten, Airbus A340 Pilot sagte:

Let's have a look to Lufthansa.

Every pilot, sitting in the cockpit of a A380 at Lufthansa, flew the A340 first. And there's a good reason for that.

This is not true.  Many transition from short haul straight to the 380.

As far as the A340 is concerned, it's a dying species. I'd say in a couple years we won't see any A340's around. Twins can now do the job only quads could do some time ago. 

The only reasonable choice would be to go for the neo variants of both the A320 and A330 at some point, to cut development costs, as you'd maily need to focus on the new engines and a new model. And yes, there are also some minor system differences. The main hurdle would be to get sufficient performance data, measurements, pictures and sounds for those new engines. 

And to be honest, an E190/195 from AS woud be quite nice as well, since it's a pretty wide-spread type these days. Niche aircraft like the C-Series, SSJ etc. will probably never see the sim world on a more-serious level. 

Just repeating "A340" over and over again won't make them change their mind. A solid indication that the market is there for an A340, might.

However, one person is not representative of the market, nor is this forum. The vast majority of sales come from outside the forum.

A (very) vocal minority on this forum might like to see the A340,  but if the market wouldn't supply ROI, there's no reason to even consider it.

As PMDG found out with their MD-11.

My uncle was pilot on the A340 for LH and he´s now A380 pilot. So he knows best I´d assume.

And again and again. We´re talking about virtual world and not real life. Even if A340s are getting more rare, we can still have fun, flying it in our sims. I´ll go over to X Plane now. There is a MD11 in production. How many MD11s are still in service? No passenger version and so on and so on. But many will fly her around and also the passenger version.

vor 3 Minuten, krivadesign sagte:

Just repeating "A340" over and over again won't make them change their mind. A solid indication that the market is there for an A340, might.

However, one person is not representative of the market, nor is this forum. The vast majority of sales come from outside the forum.

A (very) vocal minority on this forum might like to see the A340,  but if the market wouldn't supply ROI, there's no reason to even consider it.

As PMDG found out with their MD-11.

Even if I´d make a poll and many would vote for the A380 for example, many of them would surely also buy the A340.

In MY point of view, knowing Aerosoft doesn't lose its time and will want to maximize its assets (modeling, data, programming, sounds, time spent with making the A330, etc.) Therefore I can imagine they will continue with the A340. It's the natural way, I guess...

gerade, Vee One sagte:

In MY point of view, knowing Aerosoft doesn't lose its time and will want to maximize its assets (modeling, data, programming, sounds, time spent with making the A330, etc.) Therefore I can imagine they will continue with the A340. It's the natural way, I guess...

You just repeated the way I also think. Like for that.

Once more, this forum is not indicative of the market Aerosoft serves, nor any other sim producer or developer. They've repeated that a number of times. As such, polls on this forum are next to worthless for them.

This forum consists of a small but vocal minority, mostly avgeeks with roes tinted glasses. Again, if their research shows that the investment they would have to do, wouldn't pay off, who are you to contest that? Even though the A340 is a 'derivative' of the A330, their are quite a few changes between them, which would take a lot of time to get right. Developer time costs lots of money. I bet, if you're willing to pay for all of the time spent, they'd gladly do an A340.

This is a direct quote from Mathijs himself in the A330 topic:

I can almost guarantee you that in the next two years there will not be a realistic A340, A350 or A380. Not to the degree we do our Airbusses. 

Now, either Mathijs is trying to throw everyone off the trail, or he's speaking the truth. He's not really known for doing the first, and very much known for doing the second. Which seems more plausible, then?

Archived