Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018

vor 3 Stunden , Jhempel sagte:

In my opinion, we are missing some detailed and realistic planes. Aerosoft could develop an A340, A380 or the E-Jet Series!

Study Level A380 is confirmed by the way. Will take its time. Developer: Matt Davies and his team of 8. They're behind ProjectFly and also developed PTA for P3D V4 by the way. That's a positive sign;)

So far, A340, A350 and E-Jets as famous aircraft will be missing as good simulated planes;)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Study Level A380 is confirmed by the way. Will take its time. Developer: Matt Davies and his team of 8. They're behind ProjectFly and also developed PTA for P3D V4 by the way. That's a positive sign;)

So far, A340, A350 and E-Jets as famous aircraft will be missing as good simulated planes;)

I admire your optimism. But I can't help but feel that there's a world of difference between developing PTA (which Matt didn't actually develop, he just ported it over to v4) and developing a fully fledged "study level" A380. I like Matt a lot, I admire all he has done for the simming community and I wish him all the luck in the world, but this project is a hell of an undertaking. Being new to development (at least professionally), it just seems that he's trying to run before he can walk. All the big developers have made their feelings known regarding the complications of developing an A380.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

To be clear, Matt did develop PTA, he bought the near completed code. And they have simply no experience with aircraft. I talked to him about it and tried to explain this is a many hundreds of thousands of dollar project (you need three people for three year for starters), but he feels it can be done faster and cheaper. We'll have to see what is the result.  Of course we wish Matt all the best, but I fear he underestimates the complexities. 

At this moment we will absolutely not start a 380 project because there simply is not enough information on the working of some of the systems. The manuals (which are very hard to find and will always be illegal) only tell you part of the story, you need to know how they work as well. We also fear Airbus will not license the product and then you are in legal problems. 

vor 23 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

To be clear, Matt did develop PTA, he bought the near completed code. And they have simply no experience with aircraft. I talked to him about it and tried to explain this is a many hundreds of thousands of dollar project (you need three people for three year for starters), but he feels it can be done faster and cheaper. We'll have to see what is the result.  Of course we wish Matt all the best, but I fear he underestimates the complexities. 

At this moment we will absolutely not start a 380 project because there simply is not enough information on the working of some of the systems. The manuals (which are very hard to find and will always be illegal) only tell you part of the story, you need to know how they work as well. We also fear Airbus will not license the product and then you are in legal problems. 

Where there is a will there is a way. This is also simply a "passion project" so it make take 1-2 years or even 3-4 years. To release it in a reasonable timeframe is not the goal here.  The team also seems to have all the needed resources and contacts they need + access to a real aircraft, which is a good sign already. I think it can be done - nothing that is great is ever easy. 

• Aerosoft

The issue is that some of the info simply is not available, certainly not legal. For example parts of the manuals are protected and linked and locked to certain laptops. I really wish them luck but it's the most ambitious FS add-on project I know off. It's for example much more complex the what PMDG has done so far. 

I know it is difficult. But he said he always wanted to develop a study level aircraft and if you desperately want to do something, you can. You simply have to fight for it and he and his team will. He knows there is no good A380 on the market, there is even no A380 with the complexity of BBS aircraft or stuff like that. He knows, if he can bring out the product, it'll get worth the work and the time. It's the same thing with every aircraft. Once it's out, almost everybody wants to have it.

And I love you for not starting an A380 project. Not really because the chance to get an AS A346 is bigger. It's because I think those competitions aren't nice. The one who brings out the product as the first (a good product), the one will win. The other developer will maybe have to stop working on Hisbollah product as it wouldn't be worth it.

I hope for them to do it. And I think in an optimistic way. If you desperately want to get a pilot, you will. But you have to want it. 

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

The issue is that some of the info simply is not available, certainly not legal. For example parts of the manuals are protected and linked and locked to certain laptops. I really wish them luck but it's the most ambitious FS add-on project I know off. It's for example much more complex the what PMDG has done so far. 

They have certainly said that they have all the data and resources they could imagine/wish for. Let aside the legality of things. And of course an A380 is much more complex than a stoneage Boeing. 

In the end, we'll see. ;) 

Guys...

Just let Aerosoft finished the A330-300 and other engin pack ect... AND than you maybe can start to request other planes caus (I think) now the A330 will take a few times to get all varantis (if they will do it) 

vor 3 Stunden , Hugo Bicho sagte:

Guys...

Just let Aerosoft finished the A330-300 and other engin pack ect... AND than you maybe can start to request other planes caus (I think) now the A330 will take a few times to get all varantis (if they will do it) 

That's a discussion topic. We should discuss here. Anything else like requesting or stopping discussion would be off-topic.

What about a business jet?

The Bombardier Global Express, I think it's a beautiful plane. This thing can do intercontinental flights, and it can fly to almost anywhere on the planet with only one stop in between. Not bad for such a "small" aircraft. And since it's small you can land at airports your A380 certainly couldn't land at. The service ceiling is 51.000ft so it can fly above all the commercial traffic, and max cruise speed is 0.88M so it's fast too.

Please login to display this image.

Maybe, I don't know, it would be better, to leave the A380 out of the descussion from now on, as MAthijs now clearly stated that they won't start any A380 now. Don't know, how they think about an A350. 

15 hours ago, Hugo Bicho said:

Guys...

This isn't about requesting anything, and it's not putting any pressure on Aerosoft. This thread is purely about speculation, and a discussion between ourselves. 

If we use the method of elimination, using what Mathijs has told us what they won't do based on sales/data/statistics and their experience. We know they won't develop any old or soon to be retired airliner, also the Boeings are well covered by numerous developers so there's no point making any boeing. And I'm sure any Ilyushin or Tupolev is never gonna happen. So Aerosoft will not make a Boeing airliner, no Concorde. Also there will be no A340, A350, A380, the A300/A310 is too old. We already have the A318/319 and A320/A321, we will soon get the A330.

So what is left? I will say nothing, just look at this list of airliners on Wikipedia, nothing falls into what Aerosoft haven't already done or won't do. Offcourse there are a bunch of turboprops and regional jets, but normally when we talk about Airliners we think about bigger aircraft right? ;)

On 16/08/2017 at 05:50, Airbus A340 Pilot sagte:

Maybe, I don't know, it would be better, to leave the A380 out of the descussion from now on, as MAthijs now clearly stated that they won't start any A380 now. Don't know, how they think about an A350. 

Are you an Aerosoft employee?

Hi guys,

In my opinion, Aerosoft should consider making whatever existing airliners (like the A330) for an other 64 bit platform.

Being an FSX simmer since the beginning, I have to decide now which platform I would invest in : P3D V4, Xplane 11, or why not Flight Sim World ?

P3D V4 is like the continuity of FSX with some improvements. Xplane 11 is certainly the most impressive (specially on night lightings, and lightings in general), and FSW has skies and colours looking as real as it gets.

Based on that, I'll probably make my choice depending on wich add-on I could find, that fills the gap of my desired sim.

So far, the only 2 things that prevents me from choosing Xplane is :

- the lack of modern aircrafts from developpers like PMDG or Aerosoft

- and a good weather engine like ActiveSky.

So, if i can suggest something, and if making an A350 or A380 for P3D V4 would be quite impossible, why not making an existing aircraft you've already done for FSX or P3D, but for Xplane 11 ?

47 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think the fact that it lacks seasons plays an important fact. 

I didn't notice that ! Probably because I don't give it so much importance.

Kind of feature that could probably be added in the future versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ich habe das Forum durchsucht und leider nichts dazu gefunden (falls also schon jemand etwas dazu geschrieben hat tut es mir leid). 

Ich weiß auch, dass dies kein offizielles Forum ist und dass das Flugzeug welches ich vorschlagen werde noch keinen Erstflug absolviert hat, aber ich würde mich über einen A330neo freuen - vielleicht irgendwann als update des A330x. Ich finde schon der 330 ist ein tolles Flugzeug, aber mit den neuen Triebwerken und Flügeln sieht er einfach noch besser aus :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , Til1986 sagte:

Ich habe das Forum durchsucht und leider nichts dazu gefunden (falls also schon jemand etwas dazu geschrieben hat tut es mir leid). 

Ich weiß auch, dass dies kein offizielles Forum ist und dass das Flugzeug welches ich vorschlagen werde noch keinen Erstflug absolviert hat, aber ich würde mich über einen A330neo freuen - vielleicht irgendwann als update des A330x. Ich finde schon der 330 ist ein tolles Flugzeug, aber mit den neuen Triebwerken und Flügeln sieht er einfach noch besser aus :) 

Please post in english only ;)

vor 18 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Please post in english only ;)

Ups, sorry! I don't really know why German slipped out there :D

What I wanted to say was: 

I looked everywhere in the forum but couldn't find anything about the following here (if somebody already asked the same thing I'm sorry): 

I would really enjoy an A330neo update some time for the A330x. I already love the A330ceo but I find the Neo looks even a tad better :) 

Archived