Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018

1 hour ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

And if you would make the A340-600, you can be sure, me and my uncle (he loves flying the A340-600 and is sad about flying the A380 now) would buy all the copies left, that the A340 gets profitable for you ;)

Thank You and best regards,

Daniel:)

That has to be one of the most ( insert appropriate word here ) comments I have ever seen in this forum , though I have probably made a few myself . Firstly ; a pilot being sad because he has to fly with an A380 ? No one can take that comment seriously , I think most would find it a highpoint in their career being able to pilot the largest ( passenger carrying ) aircraft available . Secondly ; if Aerosoft ever did make an A340 , I sincerely hope that they have your contact details and bank account or credit card number .

Almost every other aircraft mentioned in this thread has been dismissed by the OP but the title is : " Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018 " not " Discussion about the A340 after 2018 " , just accept the fact that hardly anyone agrees with you and move on . The whole premise of the topic is becoming quite sad .

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? My uncle loves flying the A340. She´s his favorite plane as well. Of course flying the A380 is impressive for him, but he simply loves flying the A340 much more. Why can´t you understand that?

And as far as I can understand your sentence, you insinuate me I´m lying. You don´t know my uncle. There are people, who like other planes more than the A380. It just does not always have to be the biggest one which is the best one. And nobody said anything about "Discussion about the A340 after 2018" the only one is you.

On 6/21/2017 at 11:37 PM, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Cseries from Aerosoft? I definitely would not be one of the buyers. Hate these series.

Me Nether 

What would be the feasibility a quality an225 or an124? It would be something different and hopefully no issues of complexity or them retiring in the near future. Perhaps in collaboration with captain sim and such if they have industry connection in their region to gather required technical info. It would give chance for new esoteric airports as well and exploration with their unique flights.

my vote is for the A340-300,500,600 series.. sure it may not be selling like hot cakes in real world.. but didn't PMDG make the iconic 747 3 times? it still sells in the virtual world even though she has nearly retired in the real world..  A340 is pretty iconic in the airbus world and in the end simmers will buy anything that is fully immersive.. and the 340 is not that obsolete yet.. she's still a contemporary of the 777.. 

@vin747, thank you so much that is very much of that I wanted to say so often but didn't find the correct word.

I'd like to give you thousands of up votes for this post

• Deputy Sheriffs

With regard to someone's uncle missing the A340. It is not always the plane they miss. I will bet you 100% he misses the destinations and the crew life that came with the A340. Not to mention the common TR with the A330/350. From a cockpit perspective I am sure he would rather be in an A380 than an A340. With the few destinations that DLH flies with the A380 it becomes boring in an hurry with those minimum time layovers. 

It can be because of the destinations as well. Especially as he flew the A340-600 from Munich and now he´s in Frankfurt. Even if our home is near Munich. But believe me, he loves the A340-600 more than the A380. He always mentiones. He loves the A380 more than the A340-300, but the A340-600 is his absolute favorite airliner. And btw: He also likes the A340-600 cockpit more. Maybe he likes the perspective out of the A380 more, I can ask him, but he likes the cockpit of the A340-600 more than the one of the A380. 

He never flew the A350, as he switched over to the A380 as one of the first pilots but. He doesn´t like the nose and tail of the A350. And he doesnt like toe cockpit as well. He started flying the 737 for LH. After a very short time he had to switch over form 737-300 and 737-500 (737-400 only for a few years) to the A320 family. Remember the 737 Classic versions. FMC, PFD and ND. The only displays in the cockpit. (ok. Autopilot panel, there are a few displays as well) And now, he´s sitting in the A380 with a funny looking FMC and many many displays. Hardly imaginable.

I can´t change anyones mind when telling about my uncle and about the A340. But it´s my uncle and he looooooves the A340-600. Believe it or not. Doesn´t matter for me, as I know him better;)

(Frank: are you now on A330/A340/A350?)

Since Aerosoft has done the Airbusses from 318 - 321 and are now doing 330, there are only a few options left in my opinion.

- CSeries? there are like 12 out there... there is still time.

- Embraer? I think that is a good possibility. I prefer flying the short - and middle  haul distances and this might be a very nice alternative to the A319/320 and B737.

- Another Airbus? There are only 3 left: A340, A350 and A380.
 A350 is kinda new and as said from someone in the forum very complex because of the new systems in it. A380 is still "kinda" new in comparison to the A340.
Therefor i think the A340 would be the most logical step after the A330. Airlines still use it, sure it consumes a lot of fuel in comparison to newer Airliners but who cares? Its all virtual :P

What i wanted to say: A340 is a classic, a bit like the B747 and people WILL fly it - i am sure about this. There is still enough time to model the A350 and 380 in the near future because they just began service...

vor 44 Minuten, Alaex sagte:

Since Aerosoft has done the Airbusses from 318 - 321 and are now doing 330, there are only a few options left in my opinion.

- CSeries? there are like 12 out there... there is still time.

- Embraer? I think that is a good possibility. I prefer flying the short - and middle  haul distances and this might be a very nice alternative to the A319/320 and B737.

- Another Airbus? There are only 3 left: A340, A350 and A380.
 A350 is kinda new and as said from someone in the forum very complex because of the new systems in it. A380 is still "kinda" new in comparison to the A340.
Therefor i think the A340 would be the most logical step after the A330. Airlines still use it, sure it consumes a lot of fuel in comparison to newer Airliners but who cares? Its all virtual :P

What i wanted to say: A340 is a classic, a bit like the B747 and people WILL fly it - i am sure about this. There is still enough time to model the A350 and 380 in the near future because they just began service...

Finally somebody who understands we are talking about the virtual world.

And I think, flying the longest airbus jetliner would be  impressive for everyone (well, more impressive when you have to taxi xD)

On 5/28/2017 at 12:13, Airbus A340 Pilot sagte:

Let's have a look to Lufthansa.

Every pilot, sitting in the cockpit of a A380 at Lufthansa, flew the A340 first. And there's a good reason for that.

As I am part of a Lufthansa family I cannot confirm that, lol. :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Doughnut1621 said:

As I am part of a Lufthansa family I cannot confirm that, lol. :) 

Yep, Airbus A340 Pilot must have a bit of (very) old intel. Maybe he should talk with his uncle again. 

Also keep in mind that a new group, led by the people behind ProjectFly are working on an A380 for both P3Dv4 and XP11. No eta on that one of course (probably will take years).

vor 1 hour , Frank Docter sagte:

Yep, Airbus A340 Pilot must have a bit of (very) old intel. Maybe he should talk with his uncle again. 

Maybe I should. 

but at least many of them flew the A340 for sure. 

vor 6 Stunden , Airbus A340 Pilot sagte:

He doesn´t like the nose and tail of the A350.

Me neither! I think it looks terrible especially the nose. I would like to know what was in the engineers head at Airbus when they designed that nose.

And what makes me dislike the A350 more is that it has several visual characteristics of a Boeing aircraft....the tail, the landing gear etc.

Anyway, its so cool that a commercial pilot has the same opinion as me. I always thought I was the only one who dislikes the A350.

Dont get me wrong. I think its an amazing aircraft in terms of what incredible technology is in there.

vor 7 Stunden , Airbus A340 Pilot sagte:

But it´s my uncle and he looooooves the A340-600.

Me too. I think its the most beautiful Airbus aircraft. Last year I flew with an A340-600 of Iberia from Madrid to Sao Paulo and it was WONDERFUL. The 4 massive engines, the design, its length etc..
That aircraft and its smaller variants the A340-500 and A340-300 are Airbus most beautiful masterpieces in my opinion..

I also don´t like the design of the A350. That´s why I hate the C-Series as well. think their nose is similar to the A350´s one. 

vor 41 Minuten, Patrick Almeida Helzer sagte:
Me too. I think its the most beautiful Airbus aircraft. Last year I flew with an A340-600 of Iberia from Madrid to Sao Paulo and it was WONDERFUL. The 4 massive engines, the design, its length etc..
That aircraft and its smaller variants the A340-500 and A340-300 are Airbus most beautiful masterpieces in my

:):excellenttext_s::boingy_s: So would you like an AS A340 as well? Which version is your favorite?

Did you have a good trip. One special thing, I´m sure many will think I´m wrong about that, is, that the A340-600 and A340-500 are the most quiet planes FROM INSIDE. Even quieter than the A350 or the 787.

Archived