Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018

• Deputy Sheriffs
35 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

Errrrrrrr, it has one engine too many Hans............

You heard it here first folks. ;)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft
36 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

Errrrrrrr, it has one engine too many Hans............and I have a clear recollection of the promise you made around 3 years ago for what we will do after the CRJ.  OK, it's also true that you made the promise after a few beers, and I think you also added something about starting it in a few months i.e. after the CRJ was released in around December/January.......2013/14 :rolleyes::cheers_s:

Hans is aiming for the title of most unreliable developer. And we are aiming for most delayed project ever. And I am the project manager.

About engines, personally I think the more engines the better.  As the B-52 driver said to his crew,  "Engine 6 is running a bit hot, let's shut her down and declare and emergency. With only 7 left you never know."

18 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Hello? Iberia (x32 340)? swiss (x7 340)?  air france? (x12 340)  lufthansa (x24 340)? british airways? Air korea? emirates? etc etc etc a lot of companies have the 340 or 4 engines planes

For me an A340 would be a nice option.

but what do you guys think about an Embraer 190/95. Would be very nice to have an embraer with aerosoft standar quality!

Yes, those airlines have or had the A340 but they are on the way out. Emirates has retired their last A340 a few years ago. British Airways and Korean Air never had an A340. Every year a good number of A340s are being retired, in 10 years you won't see them anymore.

I would however highly appreciate an Embraer.

vor 19 Stunden , Eduard Gasull sagte:

Hello? Iberia (x32 340)? swiss (x7 340)?  air france? (x12 340)  lufthansa (x24 340)? british airways? Air korea? emirates? etc etc etc a lot of companies have the 340 or 4 engines planes

For me an A340 would be a nice option.

but what do you guys think about an Embraer 190/95. Would be very nice to have an embraer with aerosoft standar quality!

Lufthansa has not only 24 A340s. That´s the number of A346. They´ve got 18 mor A340-300. Etihad (ok will be retired in Oktober)

South African 8 A343 and 9 A346

Virgin Atlantic still 6 A346

Aerolineas have got 6 A343

Air Mauritius still 6 A343

Mahan Air 4 A343 and 6 A346

Iran Air ORDERED several A343 and A346

Kuwait Airways 4 A343

Philippine Airlines 6 A343

Qatar Airways 4 A346

Scandinavian Airlines 8 A343

TAP Portugal 4 A343

Turkish Airlines 4 A343

As well as many government, executive and private jet operators.

Quite a long list for A340´s  purposes.

Just now, PatrickZ said:

. British Airways and Korean Air never had an A340. Every year a good number of A340s are being retired, in 10 years you won't see them anymore.

I would however highly appreciate an Embraer.

but they have a quiet number of 4 engines aircraft

Just now, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Quite a long list for A340´s  purposes.

340 rules! B)

This seems to be a sort of voting thread, so I will hope for one of the Embraer jets. The old Feelthere ones are long in the tooth now but they were fun to fly and somewhat challenge to learn with a little bit different logic. The SSG in x-plane for E170 I use for now but would be great to see it in P3D.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is not a voting thread. It is a free and open discussion, by forum members, about what could be the 2018 AS airliner. It is in no way an indication of what AS is going to do. This topic is here to make sure that the A330 Preview is not littered with these posts. 

I would like to ask all to stop using wikipedia, and the like,  numbers about who flies what aircraft and how many.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Johnathan Matrixson said:

but I feel I know where I put my money on :)

LM stock?

15 hours ago, Paul Golding said:

Errrrrrrr, it has one engine too many Hans............and I have a clear recollection of the promise you made around 3 years ago for what we will do after the CRJ.  OK, it's also true that you made the promise after a few beers, and I think you also added something about starting it in a few months i.e. after the CRJ was released in around December/January.......2013/14 :rolleyes::cheers_s:

I hate you! :D

On 2017-5-28 at 5:57 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And the funny thing is that I am seriously not thinking about new aircraft. For me the priorities are, in the correct order:

1. Getting the less complex aircraft (Bronco, Catalina, Twotter, Discus K, Robin etc) ready for P3D V4. Just completed the last tests on the Twotter.
  2. Release the CRJ, using as many features of P3D V4 as possible
  3. Compatibility update A318...A321 for P3D V4 (perhaps change the lights to V4 standard)
  4. Release the A330
  5. Release the new A320/A321 with full V4 features
  6. Release the new A318/A319 with full V4 features
  7. Add the second engine version to the A330
  8. Release an aircraft not yet announced
  9. Do some professional work your will never see
  10. Discuss a new aircraft project with my fellow Project Managers and my core team of testers and advisors
  11. Celebrate Christmas

If there is a 1.00 release plus complete SDK for Flight Sim World we might work for that platform as well. We'll see.

Hi,

Just curious about the new features P3D V4 will allow for planes. I just only know the basics implications of the 64bits matter and the new dynamic lights, but could you elaborate just a bit about what to expect regarding 'full V4 features'? 

Sorry if not the correct place to request for this.

Txs in advance

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, JESUS_LOSPI said:

Sorry if not the correct place to request for this.

Yeah, try the general forum section please. Your question is a bit too off topic here. 

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

I would like to ask all to stop using wikipedia, and the like,  numbers about who flies what aircraft and how many.

Thanks

Why?

• Deputy Sheriffs
39 minutes ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

Why?

Because none is true and it does not contribute anything to the discussion. I am still waiting for the first poster that will mention that airline XY does not have 24 active A346 but actually 18 because the rest is in storage and therefor an AS A340 makes no sense. Then we will talk some 12 posts about that and yada yada yada you close this topic. Again. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs
23 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Because none is true and it does not contribute anything to the discussion. I am still waiting for the first poster that will mention that airline XY does not have 24 active A346 but actually 18 because the rest is in storage and therefor an AS A340 makes no sense. Then we will talk some 12 posts about that and yada yada yada you close this topic. Again. ;)

Sounds like a great idea though :)

vor 2 Stunden , Frank Docter sagte:

That´s right 18 are active.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Did nobody notice I have got the whole of 2018 vacation? The topic is what I will do AFTER 2018.

Hopefully you will bug the production offices at Airbus, and get enough data to produce an A350.

• Deputy Sheriffs
52 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

That´s right 18 are active.

That's too bad, not enough to justify an AS A340. See where this is going? Now Jeroen has to close the topic. Again. 

I would have thought the next one was obvious.

Caravelle.

Looks a lot prettier than well... any tube flying today.  There's a pic on Wiki of one with a drogue chute deployed.  How cool is that?

Crew of three, which might be a bit more challenging, but it was from the era when the co-pilot made coffee, took the blame and otherwise did was he was told.  None of this PF/PNF nonsense.  (tongue jammed firmly in cheek, in case anyone is getting upset...)

If not a Caravelle, someone needs to do a Convair 240.

vor 7 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

That's too bad, not enough to justify an AS A340. See where this is going? Now Jeroen has to close the topic. Again. 

I´m interpreting this as a joke;)

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Did nobody notice I have got the whole of 2018 vacation? The topic is what I will do AFTER 2018.

True but that also depends on nr 8 on your list, doesn't it?

17 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Thanks

But could I just add that as of last year there were still 64 of those very special 3 engine planes in service with 26 airlines plus more in private use and with various governments.  So there's probably more of them flying than A340's and just so much better looking.......and that's a fact, not an opinion :clapping_s:

Sorry Frank, I'll stop now ;)

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I hate you! :D

I can understand that, especially as you're the one that now has all of the original gauge coding:lol:

Now all we need is access to a plane for newer photo's:unsure:

Archived