Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Now you say that, I don't think LM have had the license that long.  There's no doubt they have been working on this a long while though. I just hope their servers are up to the job tomorrow.

No server survives the first few hours... and people alway get pissed off.

11 hours ago, FWAviation said:

@John Glanville Whoa, easy. Airbus A340 Pilot was encouraged by @Frank Docter to open this topic. It didn't even come out of the blue, it bases on @Mathijs Kok's earlier statement that Aerosoft is thinking about a A3XX project to be started this year and also currently develops a (still unannounced) aircraft. In case you missed that... So if you want to bash someone, you should probably bash Mathijs and Frank as well. But since I personally prefer harmony, you should maybe simply calm down. ;) 

Where in my post do I " bash " anyone ? If you ( or anyone else for that matter ) have a problem with my post , then next to the time stamp is a button marked " Report post " . The OP has an opinion , I have mine , that we do not agree is centainly not " bashing " , otherwise there would not be many topics open and the mods would be working overtime deleting anything that disagreed with anothers point of view . There are certainly other words that I could have used instead of " inane " but chose not to . As for " missing anything " , have followed the topics here for some time ( since 2010 ) , the only thing I miss is the preview topics being just that , " previews " , instead of members harping on about totally unrelated matters .

In my post I did write that reading a post is not enough , understanding what has been written is the " important " part . Some members seem to " understand " that NO means MAYBE and POSSIBLE means YES , which in any language you care to mention is not the case .

Another point that is constantly made is that it is not enough for Aerosoft to be willing ( or able ) to make a certain aircraft type , they also have to be able to sell enough copies to be sure of making any kind of profit . With the A340 , production ceased in 2010 , the amount of airlines using them can be counted on two hands ( depending on how many fingers you have ) , several have already been scrapped or withdrawn from use and the numbers are likely to continue to decrease , so the A340 is hardly " popular " as far as airlines are concerned, that ( a few ) flightsimmers do not agree with that , is their problem not Aerosoft's .

I was planning to spend tomorrow's evening looking at a progress bar but apparently there is a retirement party at work tomorrow so I'll enjoy some cake and beer instead.

Back on topic, I really can't understand the "a340 is being retired so there is no point making it" . I understand some people find pleasure in being as realistic as possible, flying the exact plane with route with the exact livery at the exact time etc. For me its not the case, If I don't have the right livery it wont make me made and I'm happy to fly a domestic japanese flight with a lufthansa livery. I'm happy flying old iconic aircrafts like the 747 or the constelation and lets face it when it comes to iconic planes you can't do much better than the 380.

I am really looking for a long haul airbus and can't wait for the 330 to be realsed but lets face it, if it was a 380 or a 350 being released tomorrow I'd be out of that retirement party so fast noone would new I was even there.

I've been siming for 20 years, and waited  about 15 years for a good a320. I hope  a 350 or 380 won't be my retirement gift  in another 20 years.

I understand the data is just not there or the volume of 350 or 380 isn't big enough to get access to them to be able to model them correctly and maybe naively hope that the new found airbus involvement in the flightsim industry with their licence will bring some kind of technical cooperation that will bring these plane to the market more rapidely. Lets hope for a brighter future.

vor 16 Stunden , Anders Bermann sagte:

Since the days of the 4-engine aircrafts are gone, I can't really see why Aerosoft should dedicate resources for that plane

Because the A340 is the most beautiful aircraft Airbus has ever produced (may it be the A340-300, A340-500 or the A340-600)!

If you look at the social media you can see many A340-600 fans who cant stop glorifying this beauty. The A340-600 was THE masterpiece before the A380 came. I mean... how is it possible to not love the A340. I do own the PMDG 777 myself but I also want to fly longhauls with an Airbus and the A340 would be just perfect for that. It would be just unfair if the Boeing lovers got their PMDG 777 but the Airbus lovers never would have their Aerosoft A340 just because its not up to date anymore. We Airbus fans never had a chance to fly a good version of a A340 at a time where the A340s were still very popular. But of course the final decision remains at Aerosoft and we have to respect that whatever decision it will be.

17 minutes ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

It would be just unfair if the Boeing lovers got their PMDG 777 but the Airbus lovers never would have their Aerosoft A340 just because its not up to date anymore. We Airbus fans never had a chance to fly a good version of a A340 at a time where the A340s were still very popular. But of course the final decision remains at Aerosoft and we have to respect that whatever decision it will be.

That's because (at least the way I understand) Boeing is much more transparent and more willing to participate within the Flight Simulator world than Airbus.

18 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

If you take a look at Flightradar24, you would have to look quite hard to find an A340 these days. Since the days of the 4-engine aircrafts are gone, I can't really see why Aerosoft should dedicate resources for that plane, to be honest. 

Hello? Iberia (x32 340)? swiss (x7 340)?  air france? (x12 340)  lufthansa (x24 340)? british airways? Air korea? emirates? etc etc etc a lot of companies have the 340 or 4 engines planes

For me an A340 would be a nice option.

but what do you guys think about an Embraer 190/95. Would be very nice to have an embraer with aerosoft standar quality!

vor 43 Minuten, Eduard Gasull sagte:

but what do you guys think about an Embraer 190/95. Would be very nice to have an embraer with aerosoft standar quality!

I like Embraer and yes it would be nice to have a Aerosoft quality E 190/95 but even though Im Brazilian I would go for the A340 series first and build on the A330 base before its too late.

vor 15 Stunden , John Glanville sagte:

Where in my post do I " bash " anyone ? If you ( or anyone else for that matter ) have a problem with my post , then next to the time stamp is a button marked " Report post " . The OP has an opinion , I have mine , that we do not agree is centainly not " bashing " , otherwise there would not be many topics open and the mods would be working overtime deleting anything that disagreed with anothers point of view . There are certainly other words that I could have used instead of " inane " but chose not to . As for " missing anything " , have followed the topics here for some time ( since 2010 ) , the only thing I miss is the preview topics being just that , " previews " , instead of members harping on about totally unrelated matters .

In my post I did write that reading a post is not enough , understanding what has been written is the " important " part . Some members seem to " understand " that NO means MAYBE and POSSIBLE means YES , which in any language you care to mention is not the case .

Another point that is constantly made is that it is not enough for Aerosoft to be willing ( or able ) to make a certain aircraft type , they also have to be able to sell enough copies to be sure of making any kind of profit . With the A340 , production ceased in 2010 , the amount of airlines using them can be counted on two hands ( depending on how many fingers you have ) , several have already been scrapped or withdrawn from use and the numbers are likely to continue to decrease , so the A340 is hardly " popular " as far as airlines are concerned, that ( a few ) flightsimmers do not agree with that , is their problem not Aerosoft's .

John, you are overreacting. I can stand opinons differing from mine, someone merely stating an opinion (even if that opinion is controversial) does not mean that I report that post. Have a walk through the park, life is too short to throw a tantrum about such actually trivial things. And by the way, you do not have to convince me that the development of an A340 add-on would not make a lot of sense and that Aerosoft has to make profit from its developments. That was what I actually wrote before in this topic. Just because I defended Airbus A340 Pilot against your criticism, that does not mean that I share his opinion. And now back to topic, if you please.

10 hours ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Because the A340 is the most beautiful aircraft Airbus has ever produced (may it be the A340-300, A340-500 or the A340-600)!

If you look at the social media you can see many A340-600 fans who cant stop glorifying this beauty. The A340-600 was THE masterpiece before the A380 came. I mean... how is it possible to not love the A340. I do own the PMDG 777 myself but I also want to fly longhauls with an Airbus and the A340 would be just perfect for that. It would be just unfair if the Boeing lovers got their PMDG 777 but the Airbus lovers never would have their Aerosoft A340 just because its not up to date anymore. We Airbus fans never had a chance to fly a good version of a A340 at a time where the A340s were still very popular. But of course the final decision remains at Aerosoft and we have to respect that whatever decision it will be.

Could you please stop stating your personal opinion as a fact?! It's kinda annoying, that you assume just because you feel the A340 series is the most beautiful aircraft ever made, doesn't mean the rest of the world shares that sentiment. For me personally I think the Boeing 747-400 is the most beautiful aircraft ever created! BUT that doesn't mean, that I think everyone think that way. Beauty and addoration of an object, is a highly subjective feeling.

If you look through this thread, you'll see more than a few posts with people who's expressing little or no interests in an A340. Of course there's people who's interested, but you can't transfer your personal opinion of a subject to a general feeling, just because it will support your conclusion.

Sorry for ranting on - but it really bugs me, when people are stating personal opinions as facts... 

9 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Hello? Iberia (x32 340)? swiss (x7 340)?  air france? (x12 340)  lufthansa (x24 340)? british airways? Air korea? emirates? etc etc etc a lot of companies have the 340 or 4 engines planes

For me an A340 would be a nice option.

I know they exists out there... there's probably alot of them left... I'm just saying, that the number is dwindling - and if you look forward in time, I'm fairly certain, that the A340 (just like other quad-engine aircrafts) will disappear, simply because of modern engine reliability. It's simply isn't feasible for airlines to use quad-engine aircrafts - expect for maybe flying super high-demand routes.

1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

John, you are overreacting.

Er no I am not , I do not appreciate being accused of " bashing " or whatever word you want to use when this is not true . I think that my conduct here speaks for itself .

1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

And now back to topic, if you please.

How can you be off topic in a thread that is based on pure speculation , " wishful thinking " and a point blank refusal to actually understand what is being said ( written )?

Quite a few airlines have retired / scrapped / withdrawn from use their A340's with undoubtably more to follow and if you believe Wikipedia you can buy a secondhand A340 for around $10 million ( though where would you put it ? ) . Can hardly be called a " popular " aircraft ( in the real world ) then , can it ? Next " request " will be for the A300 , followed by the A310 and any other A numbers someone will think of .

Aerosoft struck gold with the A320 / 321 judging by the 3 major revisions ( with yet another to follow ) and countless repaints , the A318 / 319 not so much . The A330 won't be as successful either for the simple reason that fewer airlines use them and unless painters are " willing " to paint entire fleets ( not counting the liveries already being made / planned ) , then downloaded repaints are going to be limited ( when compared to the A320 / 321 ) . So where would that put the A340 ?

As for the ( ,,, insert family member / friend / neighbour / someone you met at a party here ... ) WAS an A340 pilot , so what . The operative word is WAS and the same can be said for every type that is still flying or not . If this meant that every A340 pilot ( / co-pilot , current or ex ) is going to rush out and buy a simulated version of the real thing ( would they though ... no matter how " good " it was ) it still wouldn't be enough to make any profit and that would be Aerosoft's primary concern , though I have read that two people are willing to buy 150 copies between them .

Can only hope that Aerosoft start charging by the amount of engines !!

vor 24 Minuten, John Glanville sagte:

Er no I am not , I do not appreciate being accused of " bashing " or whatever word you want to use when this is not true . I think that my conduct here speaks for itself .

Oh come on. "Bashing" is a simple English word. It even found its way into German colloquial speech; and here in Germany, we use it whenever someone's criticism goes way over the top - even if he or she might have a point, if one takes only the facts into account. When you dish out, you also have to take some criticism. I'm certain that you will get your point across, too, if you do it without such a harsh tone.

Regarding the rest of your post: I won't comment on it, since (as I said) this is actually a discussion between you and Airbus A340 Pilot and I basically share your thoughts about an A340.

On 5/28/2017 at 11:00 AM, FWAviation said:

I dare to remind of the E-jets by a different publisher - yes, they are not perfect are already somewhat aged, but they still do a very decent job. That's why I have some doubts whether Aerosoft would really produce the E-jets.

So - nobody has exclusivity - see the A320 for instance.  I for one (and I'm apparently not alone) would love to see a rebooted E190, and if there were to be one, AS would be the developer I would be most excited to see it come from.  As it is, it's the clear #2 in my hangar, after the AS A320 of course.  Having a common AS "type-rating" between the two would be perfect!

The current offering is definitely quite good, but it's also getting a little long in the tooth at what, 8 years old now?  It's a solid model but its age definitely shows once you get into it.  If Company X isn't going to bring it up to current standards (or even if they were to), I don't see why Company Y shouldn't as well if they wanted providing they don't mind starting from scratch.  Free market.

guy guys, 

Seriously is really ridiculous  see how people correct each other  for an especulation topic when we have to talk about a "wishlist" ( i think) because the decision of what product will be next is for aerosoft and no one else, so please be gentel and stop bulling to @Airbus A340 Pilot for his "fellings as fact" or if somebdy is off topic or not

:band_s:Imagine all the people talking about planes in peace! wojuuu...... You may say im a dreamer:band_s:

lets keep talking 

@Sabretooth78 Of course Aerosoft makes its own decisions and thus can do whatever they want. If they see a market for an up-to-date E-jet series, why not? I admit, though, that I still have some doubts that the "secret project" will be the E-jets, but time will tell.

@Eduard Gasull Your wish is my command. ;)

12 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

@Sabretooth78 Of course Aerosoft makes its own decisions and thus can do whatever they want. If they see a market for an up-to-date E-jet series, why not? I admit, though, that I still have some doubts that the "secret project" will be the E-jets, but time will tell.

They'll make what they want, and more than likely we'll buy it!

Up until now I'd never even considered the possibility that it could be an E-jet, and I tend to doubt it myself just on account of it being on equal merit with how many other possibilities there are (and the "it would be too good to be true" factor).  That said, the more modern Airbuses would seem to be out of the question and the Boeings seem to be too well covered with "state-of-the-sim" offerings by others to make any kind of market penetration make sense, so it would seem to have better than even odds assuming it is in fact a tubeliner.  I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will say that even as a future day one (or as soon as practicable thereafter) buyer of the A330, my old E190 will continue to be my runaway no. 2.

• Deputy Sheriffs

An E190 would be very nice yes. Maybe Hans could make one after the CRJ. I am guessing an 2025 release. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

An E190 would be very nice yes. Maybe Hans could make one after the CRJ. I am guessing an 2025 release. ;) 

2025? That would have the system depth of a default aircraft!

BTW: Concorde is the most beautiful aircraft! Discussion over!

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is settled then, you will do a Concorde after the CRJ. But please make one with an 64bit INS and the possibility to use 4K. ;)

Ps, didn't the Concorde also have four engines?

• Aerosoft

We're not doing a Concorde. No sales in that one as it is such a specific aircraft and not flying anymore.The market for aircraft that people do not see flying is very limited. And Hans is right, it's a three man cockpit and they were all busy the whole flight, to ask one non trained person to do all the tasks is silly. So it means you have to automate a lot. Believe me, that's a lot of work.

vor 6 Stunden , Anders Bermann sagte:

Could you please stop stating your personal opinion as a fact?! It's kinda annoying, that you assume just because you feel the A340 series is the most beautiful aircraft ever made, doesn't mean the rest of the world shares that sentiment. For me personally I think the Boeing 747-400 is the most beautiful aircraft ever created! BUT that doesn't mean, that I think everyone think that way. Beauty and addoration of an object, is a highly subjective feeling.

If you look through this thread, you'll see more than a few posts with people who's expressing little or no interests in an A340. Of course there's people who's interested, but you can't transfer your personal opinion of a subject to a general feeling, just because it will support your conclusion.

Sorry for ranting on - but it really bugs me, when people are stating personal opinions as facts... 

Please read my post more precisely. I wrote that the A340 is the most beautiful aircraft "Airbus" has ever produced not "in the world" ;)

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

2025? That would have the system depth of a default aircraft!

BTW: Concorde is the most beautiful aircraft! Discussion over!

Errrrrrrr, it has one engine too many Hans............and I have a clear recollection of the promise you made around 3 years ago for what we will do after the CRJ.  OK, it's also true that you made the promise after a few beers, and I think you also added something about starting it in a few months i.e. after the CRJ was released in around December/January.......2013/14 :rolleyes::cheers_s:

Archived